+ Reply to Thread
Page 597 of 991 FirstFirst ... 97497547587595596597598599607647697 ... LastLast
Results 5,961 to 5,970 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    You can take to the streets if you want, I'll be sat in the warm watching Wheeler Dealers with a can on the go.
    The voice of reason - let the kids do all the "take to the streets" stuff if they want.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

We are all in this together, whether we like it or not, eventualy even those who think none of what's going on at the moment will have any affect on them, whether because they think they are safe in the little bubble they have created for themselves, or they just don't care, will i am sure have a rude awakening at some point, until then, keep ignoring things and let all the others worry about it, cos its not your problem, great attitude.
    Sorry folks it needed saying.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Well said Anthony.

It's in all of our best interests to do everything possible to prevent the spread. Accept and adapt.

Many people in their lives will have to do that in other regards (like when I went to work as normal and found I'd suddenly been laid off from a £1,400 per week job), it's part of life. And frankly, wearing a mask in a shop is no big thing, nor is staying at home as much as possible and contacting friends via other methods.

It's hardly like being drafted and sent all over the world to fight with guns.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    Well said Anthony.

It's in all of our best interests to do everything possible to prevent the spread. Accept and adapt.

Many people in their lives will have to do that in other regards (like when I went to work as normal and found I'd suddenly been laid off from a £1,400 per week job), it's part of life. And frankly, wearing a mask in a shop is no big thing, nor is staying at home as much as possible and contacting friends via other methods.

It's hardly like being drafted and sent all over the world to fight with guns.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    We are all in this together, whether we like it or not, eventualy even those who think none of what's going on at the moment will have any affect on them, whether because they think they are safe in the little bubble they have created for themselves, or they just don't care, will i am sure have a rude awakening at some point, until then, keep ignoring things and let all the others worry about it, cos its not your problem, great attitude.
    Sorry folks it needed saying.
    That's assuming that there is anything 'going on' which there almost certainly isn't.

And even if there was there wouldn't be anything you or anyone else could do about it anyway. Worrying about it certainly won't achieve anything. If I wanted to worry about stuff I could find plenty of more immediate concerns.

When I was at University 30 years ago there were some people who were practically hysterical about Bush's 'New World Order' and how we were going to become a police state. Or climate change and how the planet would be inhabitable in a decade if nothing was done. None of it ever happened.

More recently it was Trump becoming President and how it would be world war 3 or some equally absurd fantasy. And here we are 4 years later, and again nothing happened.

When I was a youth you would still see those old blokes wandering the town with their placards 'The End Of The World Is Nigh' - fifty years on and we're still waiting for that to happen too.

And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin.”
    (Matthew 6:28)
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Adam.

Default Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

Or climate change and how the planet would be inhabitable in a decade if nothing was done. None of it ever happened.
    I remember the local paper in Southampton assuring us in the mid 1980s that , by the year 2000, there would be olive groves and lemon trees all over the South Downs and that the Isle of Wight would be completely submerged due to global warming. Neither has happened.

Which is actually a shame on both counts...
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

lWhen I was a youth you would still see those old blokes wandering the town with their placards 'The End Of The World Is Nigh' - fifty years on and we're still waiting for that to happen too.
    Christians think that’s every day. Just nonsense IMO.

I'm Grant.

i live on high ground and have plenty food

it may actually happen to an extent but not so quick as they thought or as bad. but if it does then it does. no point in living like cave man to survive a little longer.. i mean, hand wound hifi is shite
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

While you've got your bible out, you may want to re-read the story of Noah, plenty with a similar mindset mocked while he built the Ark.
    That's assuming that there is anything 'going on' which there almost certainly isn't.

And even if there was there wouldn't be anything you or anyone else could do about it anyway. Worrying about it certainly won't achieve anything. If I wanted to worry about stuff I could find plenty of more immediate concerns.

When I was at University 30 years ago there were some people who were practically hysterical about Bush's 'New World Order' and how we were going to become a police state. Or climate change and how the planet would be inhabitable in a decade if nothing was done. None of it ever happened.

More recently it was Trump becoming President and how it would be world war 3 or some equally absurd fantasy. And here we are 4 years later, and again nothing happened.

When I was a youth you would still see those old blokes wandering the town with their placards 'The End Of The World Is Nigh' - fifty years on and we're still waiting for that to happen too.

And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin.”
    (Matthew 6:28)
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm BigBobJoylove.

In other words - who knows what's coming!

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

+ Reply to Thread