+ Reply to Thread
Page 578 of 991 FirstFirst ... 78478528568576577578579580588628678 ... LastLast
Results 5,771 to 5,780 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Gary.

THIS.

Been mega pissed off with entitled Folks recently, and that sums it up 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    It's January, it's literally freezing cold outside and yet someone wants to go to a park and sit there on a bench.

There's absolutely no sense to that.

I think this is like with reverse psychology on children; they would never even consider doing something but then as soon as you tell them they're not allowed to do it they're straight there.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Martin.

World War 2 - You've got martial law, rationing , blackout, curfew and the Nazis bombing you every night. And that went on for 5 years!

And now you've got these people, all they've been asked to do is stay in their houses (with their internet, TV, music, radio, video games and god knows what else to occupy them) as much as is practical and it's 'Ooh my mental health!'

I mean how would they have managed in the Blitz? It's pathetic, really.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

7 miles from home is ok now apparently - Boris Johnson has confirmed it.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/01/11/boris...reet-13884857/

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm Grant.

World War 2 - You've got martial law, rationing , blackout, curfew and the Nazis bombing you every night. And that went on for 5 years!

And now you've got these people, all they've been asked to do is stay in their houses (with their internet, TV, music, radio, video games and god knows what else to occupy them) as much as is practical and it's 'Ooh my mental health!'

I mean how would they have managed in the Blitz? It's pathetic, really.
    what has kept me going martin. ive not touched anyone for near 11 months.. but my dad was away at war for 6 bloody years.. never got home in all that time. he left an 18 yr old kid and was 24 when he returned. surely i can do as much
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Can't say it's bothered me any.

You can go for a walk, all they're saying is just don't sit down and hang about. If it was warm and sunny I could see why some would be tempted to. But it isn't.

this lockdown only started a week ago and already people are so desperate they have to go out and sit on a bench. In the freezing cold. I'll bet almost all of them have never done that in their lives before now.
    I guess being an audiophile helps! Stay in all day changing carts or something. Personally I need my daily dose of interaction, even if it just means sitting in a cafe, with the rainy weather at the moment, I'm finding things a bit grim. Its also grim that deaths are climbing, things have taken a more serious turn I guess.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    I guess being an audiophile helps! Stay in all day changing carts or something. Personally I need my daily dose of interaction, even if it just means sitting in a cafe, with the rainy weather at the moment, I'm finding things a bit grim. Its also grim that deaths are climbing, things have taken a more serious turn I guess.
    I feel fortunate that my work has me interacting with work colleagues and customers daily. Obviously nothing is without risk, I just have to be vigilant and heed the guidelines. But if things get much worse I may knock it on the head for a while.

I won't be messing with my cartridge anytime soon though, the last thing I need is to f__k something up, with no one able to come round and bail me out
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

I'm not unhappy seeing nobody apart from the wife (occasionally ). Under current circumstances, avoiding others makes sense.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I'm not unhappy seeing nobody apart from the wife (occasionally ). Under current circumstances, avoiding others makes sense.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Mike.

Same here, i'm in virtual meetings and need to give virtual demo's of our products too, which enables me to leave the house and travel to our demo centre in Leeds, there's no one there but me, but it's a nice drive.

Regarding the rules i'd draw everyones attention to South Korea, they enforced some pretty harsh measures but the general population adhered to them to the letter and they have Covid well and truly under control, over here during the 1st lockdown i've never seen so many dogs being walked and bikes being ridden, somehow we managed to slow Covid down but i think after the 1st lockdown ended a lot of people had had enough and aren't taking the rules seriously enough anymore, it's good that the government have finally realised that Covid can be transmitted in classrooms which they seemed to ignore for too long in my opinion and hopefully by June which is when about half of the population should be inoculated we will start to get back to how it was in 2019.

Regarding what Grant and Martin have said, i agree whole heartedly, we have hundreds of TV channels, the internet, music and video games to keep us occupied IN our homes, we aren't being bombed and this should be all wrapped up by November, so the moaners need to stop bitching, stick to the rules and be grateful it's not going to drag on for 5 years.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    7 miles from home is ok now apparently - Boris Johnson has confirmed it.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/01/11/boris...reet-13884857/
    Ah, but did he cycle there?
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

+ Reply to Thread