+ Reply to Thread
Page 854 of 991 FirstFirst ... 354754804844852853854855856864904954 ... LastLast
Results 8,531 to 8,540 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm guy.

I don't like people spitting on the street, I don't like people leaving dog shit on the pavement, I do like people holding doors open for each other.

As you suggest Marco, Civil liberties are a "two way street", we could argue from here to kingdom come about whether wearing a mask is an infringement of your civil liberties, or your refusal to wear one is an infringement of mine ("your" used as a non specific term here).

In my opinion, wearing a mask in shops is a sign of a person caring about the health of others.

However, I will concede that if people care enough about the health of others to wear a mask, why the fuck does it seem to have become acceptable for people to leave worn masks littering the pavement? Two left outside my daughters house when I went to visit yesterday
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Sandro, nice one mate, we're on the same page

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Sandro.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    I don't like people spitting on the street, I don't like people leaving dog shit on the pavement, I do like people holding doors open for each other.

As you suggest Marco, Civil liberties are a "two way street", we could argue from here to kingdom come about whether wearing a mask is an infringement of your civil liberties, or your refusal to wear one is an infringement of mine ("your" used as a non specific term here).

In my opinion, wearing a mask in shops is a sign of a person caring about the health of others.

However, I will concede that if people care enough about the health of others to wear a mask, why the fuck does it seem to have become acceptable for people to leave worn masks littering the pavement? Two left outside my daughters house when I went to visit yesterday
    One mask may be an accident 2 is not

Find out who did it put the mask in a paper bag whit same dog shit place the paper bag on their front door mat set the bag on fire and ring the bell tell leg it to a convenient distance to film what happens next and post the video on you tube.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Bksabath View Post
    I am 100 % whit you against any mandatory imposition.
    I also believe that I have a duty to care for my neighbour and such
    I work in a food factory personal hygiene hand washing clean and always available PPE is the norm.
    The policy there since the onset of the Fauci virus has been to provide face mask and face coverings to all. For those that found the mask uncomfortable face screens are available.
    The company invested heavily to comply whit distancing and hygiene, from really expensive thermal imaging cameras monitoring the entrance to screens all over the place and hand sanitising station almost every 10 yards or so and the unnecessary office staff working from home
    It has always been company policy to pay in full any one not camming to work due to sickness.
    This has been maintained during the all of the pandemic and being pinged or such meant 12 days off on full pay, the overtime rate for those covering the shift was increased to double time.
    We on the engineering/maintenance department work 12 hours shifts and yes masks are a pain especially when in the Fryer room where the temperature is normally over 30 C in the winter.
    We can take them off when in certain areas or while working whit peoples on our bubble to be promptly reminded to put the back on whit a simple nod and one get used to it
    I am free to refuse to wear a mask if I want, I can hand in my notice and change job at any time
    I consider myself lucky to be there, I was working in the plastic sector before, in an extremely profitable company, and I had a call from a friend from there telling me that due to the pandemic all but one of the maintenance staff had lost they jobs for it to be advertised on the same day at a much lower pay rate.

If you decide not to wear a mask or to go in a public square to celebrate your fruitball team winning a game it is entirely your right to do as you like, but please put you rubbish in a plastic bag and take it home
    Just do not take the piss if you se me wearing one, a kick in the nuts can be very painful.
    there is a further thing you can easily do if you care for your neighbour which would make the mask unnecessary get a free test kit from the NHS and do a test daily

Order coronavirus (COVID-19) rapid lateral flow tests - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

From looking at the current trends it seems that hospitalization is on the way down I will watch the trends for a few more weeks hopefully all this will be past us
    It would be nice to know if one got the antigens or not first thing I am going to do when I finished posting this is harass my GP to get a test

I fully understand your concerns about discrimination, we live whit it every day.
    As you well know I have been going on and on about vitamin D since the beginning of this and I am really pissed off whit the main stream media
    The by-line during the black life maters was that Black peoples are more prone to get the Fauci plague because ... They live in deprived conditions, this is total bullshit they are a different colour than you because they came from a sunnier place. they do not naturally make enough of it. Vitamin D deficiency will cause you to be less prepared to fight off the virus.

How much discrimination was promoted saying that Black people live in deprived conditions?

You wont see me being a Mask police I promise I will try my best.
    Why this has to became a politic issue and why politicos had to get involved at all baffles me it should be a mater off common sense and science

Same peoples are pretty small minded, we all are, give me any one doing 30 MPH on a 40 and if I am stuck right behind him I be screaming on his/ her rear view mirror any kind of abuse
    Flipping woman, pensioner ginger Volvo driver and so on depending on circumstances, put my own clone in that car in front and it wont take me more that a few seconds to find same abuse
    We are human and fallible.

You are 100 % correct Devide Et Impera we get it from our first day a school and to stick a label or other is one of the very first thing we learn

Film to watch if you missed it

Captain Fantastic
    Captain Fantastic (2016) - IMDb

At times I should pause and remember this movie before any pigeonholing
    OK I chose this post to answer as it shows that companies as well as the general public are unaware of how masks transfer anything that’s collected on them to other surfaces. Firstly though an error on bksabath’s company. Face screens are not an option alone, you have to wear a face mask with it. The reason, along with the reason for masks is simple, to stop any droplets of moisture escaping from your mouth and nose.

So as with masks for this to be effective they have to be tight fitting around the face, no openings on side that merely deflects any moisture to the person behind probably by diffusion creating a wider scattering pattern.

Let’s get onto how people really treat their masks (based on real life observations). People wear masks in ignorance of how they should be used, on off, stuffed in pockets, continuous repositioning. The processes are exacerbated by long time wearing. The only way a mask can be handled safely after use is by the straps, so if you have to take it off you need to keep it in your hand by the straps or dispose of it, if it’s put in a bag or pocket touching the surface you’ve contaminated your hands and need to sanitise, otherwise you contaminate any surface you touch.

You now need a clean mask.

While wearing a mask you can’t touch it other than, as mentioned, by straps, so no repositioning when it moves on your face or pulling forward to avoid voice muffling, If you touch the surface you need to sanitise.

In my opinion masks can help spread contaminants rather than protection.

As for it being a visual indication that you care, then touching it should indicate that wearing it is just posturing.

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    I absolutely agree. Quite simply, there's no universally 'right' or 'wrong' answer. here.

The danger, however, is that people will try and create one regardless, based simply on what conforms to THEIR sense of correctness, and therefore going forward, an 'us and them' society, stigmatising face masks to represent the symbol of a 'caring person', and therefore an absence of one, the opposite. A rather dangerous precedent to set - and the very same applies to vaccines!

Therefore, we must guard against creating the notion of a 'persona non grata' becoming anyone who decides to make different choices from the 'accepted norm'.

I mean, regardless of what you think of smoking, as a non-smoker myself, I still think it's utterly disgraceful how smokers have been treated virtually like lepers, ostracised from society in so many ways, and we cannot allow that to happen to non-mask wearers or the unvaccinated.

Yes I understand what you mean, but can you also see that simply by making that statement, by definition you're also implying that not wearing one is the sign of an uncaring one?

I'm afraid that's the obvious implication, and it's judgmental, discriminatory, and possibly (perhaps even highly likely) inaccurate, as the reality is you don't know that person from Adam. There could be a multitude of legitimate reasons, for example health related [perhaps they have breathing issues?] why they've chosen not to wear a mask. Therefore, it doesn't automatically make them bad.

I'm certainly a caring person, but my default position (from Aug 7th, if that's when mask-wearing restrictions are removed in Wales) will be to ditch them and start living my life normally again, and that will apply to everywhere I go *unless* I'm entering someone's home who would feel more comfortable with me wearing one, and therefore asks me politely to do so.

I may also offer to do the same when entering some small shops or other such places where space is limited, and ask the owner or staff member(s) present (perhaps other customers) if they'd rather I wore a mask, as it's simply courteous to do so, but I won't be doing it as a matter of course, as I simply won't be controlled in that way, as a result of being made to feel that I'm inconsiderate or 'wrong'.

There are too many jumped-up little Hitlers around, only too keen to use any excuse they can to exercise their fascist tendencies!!

Filthy bastards, mate. I see them scattered around the ground all the time. There's simply no excuse for it, and if I saw someone doing it, I wouldn't hesitate to ask them to pick it up and dispose of it in the proper manner, and give them a piece of my mind if they didn't!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Great post, Gary - simply factual and true, highlighting how the vast majority are simply 'playing at it', in terms of realistically protecting anyone. This nails it on the head, though:

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    As for it being a visual indication that you care, then touching it should indicate that wearing it is just posturing.
    Indeed. And of course the reality is that no-one gives a flying fuck whether you're using the right type of mask to achieve the desired effect or not, let alone wearing or handling it correctly, or whether it needs changing, as it's contaminated and therefore no longer effective [if indeed it ever was in the first place]!

So how much protecting of others are these so-called 'caring people' really doing? It could be argued that if they don't wear or handle masks correctly and change them regularly, they're exacerbating the problem far more than solving it!

However, as long as they can see some sort of covering strapped across your 'coupon' (Scottish slang for face. I like the alliteration), you're fine and therefore 'one of them'. Therefore it's simply about COMPLIANCE.

And I'm not interested in being in anyone's gang, simply to 'fit in', nor be 'trained' like a monkey!

That's what a lot of this stuff is too, you know, mask wearing, social distancing, continual hand-cleansing, etc. It's classic mind control, via coercive persuasion. Some would do well to study NLP [Neurological Linguistic Programming], and how very effective techniques can be used to brainwash people in the wrong way:

https://www.audible.co.uk/pd/Dark-Ps...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Marco.
    Main System

I'm charles.

My earlier comment: 'New Delta-Sigma virus expected mid September +/- 3dB' was an attempt at levity and should be ignored.

BUT this interview with Dr. Mike Yeadon is a must read I strongly urge everyone to listen to it. I will listen to it again as there is a lot to take in:

https://www.bitchute.com/video/oSwtUedmK9QB/

The big points are how we have been lied to, that Hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin are effective and that lockdown is not helping nor are masks. The big noise about variants is overblown as the body is quite capable of dealing with the small difference. He explains that when the virus replicates in the billions that sometimes it makes a mistake resulting in a slightly different virus which I think he said can vary by 0.3% and that our immune systems once they have dealt with the original strain can adapt to a change of up to 20%!!!

He states that this 'novel' virus is no more dangerous than a bad flu which if you look at statistics is true.

Be aware but do not be frightened of the virus.

Dr. Michael Yeadon was a scientific researcher and vice president at drugs giant Pfizer.

Regardless which side of the fence you're on this is educational and should be read by all.

Quote Originally Posted by sailor View Post
    My earlier comment: 'New Delta-Sigma virus expected mid September +/- 3dB' was an attempt at levity and should be ignored.
    Excellent. Next time though, try using a smiley

Marco.
    Main System

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bksabath View Post
    One mask may be an accident 2 is not

Find out who did it put the mask in a paper bag whit same dog shit place the paper bag on their front door mat set the bag on fire and ring the bell tell leg it to a convenient distance to film what happens next and post the video on you tube.
    like your thinking
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

Any thoughts on post 8535, Guy, or even 8536?

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread