+ Reply to Thread
Page 467 of 991 FirstFirst ... 367417457465466467468469477517567967 ... LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,670 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Sure, but give us an example of what you consider as "misinformation"? You have to be careful that such doesn't simply equate to anything that challenges the authorities/accepted norm, or deviates from 'the party line'....

I'd contend that this Tory government have been as guilty of perpetrating the spreading of misinformation (disinformation in particular), in relation to their (mis)handling of this whole pandemic, just as much as the people you're talking about!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

Last US President I really respected was Ike Eisenhower.

Saved our bacon in WW2. A terrific General.

Tricky Dicky was a crook.

The Kennedy's came from Chicago organised crime. Joe Kennedy made his Millions from running Hooch.

Barack Obama is a decent man. Bill Clinton had entertainment value. Jimmy Carter and Gerald Ford just did the best they could.

I was once Gerald Ford's minder on the Golf course. A fun day.

Thing is, you don't get the top job unless the Mafia hold something over your head. Keeps you under control, you follow?

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Yes, and I'm not advocating censorship as such, but people posting potentially harmful (mis)information should be accountable, and not be able to hide behind their laptops/mobile phones.

As should the Government and its advisors!

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

Along with some of them sacked for gross incompetence (and possibly also crimes against humanity)!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

Censorship is always bad, IMO.

A can of worms.

We've got to wonder what has gone on at 10 Downing Street recently.

Dominic Cummings shuffling into the distance with his cardboard box.

Is that good or bad? I think it's good. But time will tell.

Yes I also found those revelations interesting, and like you wasn't sure if it was a good or bad thing...

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    The English biologist Thomas Huxley once said, "Science is nothing but trained and organised common sense."

Science has supposedly been at the centre of UK and world government policy making over the past few months of the pandemic, and yet common sense has been in short supply.

Dr Martin Kulldorff, is a Swedish statistician, epidemiologist and Professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School and has worked closely with some of the world’s leading scientific and medical institutions.

Alongside Dr Sunetra Gupta, Professor of Theoretical Epidemiology in the Department of Zoology at Oxford University and Dr Jay Bhattacharya, Professor of Medicine and Economics at Stanford University, they have published The Great Barrington Declaration.

The Declaration comprises a much debated and considered petition that has called on those in the corridors of power to reformulate their response to the pandemic and put an end to the blanket lockdowns, that are crippling the economy, destroying business and damaging the physical and mental wellbeing of our citizens.

They call for "Focussed Protection" and suggest that young adults and children, the least affected by the virus, be allowed to continue their lives without restriction. This includes ensuring that the elderly and most vulnerable members of our society are shielded from exposure and protected from a virus risk, representing a thousandfold difference between the oldest and youngest in terms of impact.

There is genuine concern about the future. Of course, we have to deal in the here and now, but, Covid-19 is not going anywhere, it will be with us indefinitely. Which is why many scientists believe that overtly safeguarding ourselves from the virus will only serve to delay the inevitable.

How "Focussed Protection" Can Prevent Lockdowns & Get The World Back To Work

It is far from a radical train of thought. It comes from a group of people who clearly care deeply about society and its citizens. They rely on logic and evidence and a heavy dose of pragmatism.

Listening to experts whose very livelihoods centre around exactly what we are dealing with, is paramount to our prosperity moving forward. The world is not just facing a physical threat, we are also on the brink of a global mental health crisis that could have dire consequences in the years that follow. The collateral damage requires equal thought and attention.

There is a need, now more than at any time during this pandemic, to look at the data. To consider our options, and use the knowledge we have gained throughout these past months to formulate a logical roadmap, that can lead us some way back to normality. Dr Kulldorff is an expert in the truest sense of the word, and it’s a pleasure to spend some time exploring his views.
    Thanks Anthony
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yes I also found those revelations interesting, and like you wasn't sure if it was a good or bad thing...

Marco.
    Really concerns me how many of the "movers and shakers" have never been elected (although I suppose it could be looked on as payment for "favours" received )
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Sure, but give us an example of what you consider as "misinformation"? You have to be careful that such doesn't simply equate to anything that challenges the authorities/accepted norm, or deviates from 'the party line'....

I'd contend that this Tory government have been as guilty of perpetrating the spreading of misinformation (disinformation in particular), in relation to their (mis)handling of this whole pandemic, just as much as the people you're talking about!

Marco.
    Yeah, that's not going to happen as I've no idea how to post links, that's assuming I read this stuff online, which I don't. Much of what I hear is anecdotal, coming from friends/colleagues/family, and I never question where they got it from, I just choose to believe it or not. (I imagine most of it comes from social media, which I don't entertain, ever. Tinternet for me is 99% AoS/Ebay).

In the same way I never asked you for evidence supporting your assertion that the Royal Family are paedophiles. Apart from Princess Anne, who probably enjoys a big horse, I'm sure they are largely no worse than Joe Public. One day I may see some evidence to prove me wrong, but until then...
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

I won't have a bad word said about Princess Anne.

Tough as boots, hard as nails. Good in a scrap. Has never put a foot wrong.

My Brother is on nodding terms with Her.

This pandemic, and apparent coup in high government goes deeper.

+ Reply to Thread