+ Reply to Thread
Page 981 of 991 FirstFirst ... 481881931971979980981982983 ... LastLast
Results 9,801 to 9,810 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Geoff.

[QUOTE=struth;1321984]
    Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    Update on previous - now have finally tested positive - and felt crap for a day or so. Hopefully will clear soon.
    Keep an eye on your breathing mate, the rest will likely feel like a bad cold.

Just over two weeks since my diabolical 'chest infection' started. I didn't get tested, but I got no tell-tale Covid symptoms, no lumbar pain or shortness of breath. Still coughing though.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    i hope its mild for you dave. im still avoiding people etc and wear masks when mixing at all, and use alcohol rub all the time. so far ive avoided it, but was quite ill with the booster jab i got in late autumn.
    Thanks Grant. I'm hoping it'll remain mild too, but the article does suggest I shouldn't go out of my way to catch it again. I would definitely recommend taking precautions, particularly if you have high vulnerability. A couple of months ago I reckoned it was almost inevitable that we'd get it eventually, but until a week or so back we had avoided it. Whether we got it in Scotland or abroad is difficult to say.

At least in the short term I can say I have had illnesses which felt worse.
    Dave

I'm Grant.

Overall, about 3,498,700 people across the UK are thought to have had Covid in the most recent week, according to the survey estimates, up from 2,714,900 the week before – a rise of 28.9%.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The figures, published in the latest ONS Coronavirus Infection Survey, suggest about 3.8m people - one in 17 of the UK population - has the virus. 1 in 15 in scotland alas...
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Saw more people with masks today than I have since early Spring.

Had my left Cataract removed on Tuesday and the Surgeon did it 3 hours early because he has been having a lot of cancellations due to Covid in patients and staff. As usual with the medical staff I have talked with this year, they are all in favour of mask wearing to help alleviate transmission.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Saw more people with masks today than I have since early Spring.

Had my left Cataract removed on Tuesday and the Surgeon did it 3 hours early because he has been having a lot of cancellations due to Covid in patients and staff. As usual with the medical staff I have talked with this year, they are all in favour of mask wearing to help alleviate transmission.
    i dont understand folk tbh..
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

I don't understand why some people walk around with the mask below their nose. What good is that gonna do and as for the splash guard on it's own - no point unless you are strimming.
    Last edited by hifi_dave; 25-07-2022 at 11:10.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    I don't understand why some people walk around with the mask below their nose. What good is that gonna do and as for the splash guard on it's own - no point unless you are trimming.
    yes and they then say masks dont work when the catch it im getting the Pneumonia jab soon apparently. a nurse phone the other day... ive had it 3 times and another bout will likely be my last
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

You've had Pneumonia 3 times..

Get that jab asap.

I'm Dave.

Standing in the queue to pay at Waitrose, a woman sidled up to me with no mask. Made me feel a bit uneasy but then she took a phone call - "I do have a bit of a sore throat, bit of a cough and feel hot but I'm OK". Now, hopefully she hasn't got Covid but she does have something she can pass on to me yet the selfish cow is not bothered that she is spreading something around.

What is it with some people ? Selfish, thoughtless and bloody dangerous.

+ Reply to Thread