+ Reply to Thread
Page 573 of 991 FirstFirst ... 73473523563571572573574575583623673 ... LastLast
Results 5,721 to 5,730 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Ahhh, here are the moron police.

https://apple.news/AnYV4qPVXTQ-ZJsd6JJnaIw

I’ve completely lost respect for the police now. They’ve behaved stupidly and like the power-hungry tossers they are during this palaver. Going from extreme to extreme. What next? Shooting dead people in the street?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    Ahhh, here are the moron police.

https://apple.news/AnYV4qPVXTQ-ZJsd6JJnaIw

I’ve completely lost respect for the police now. They’ve behaved stupidly and like the power-hungry tossers they are during this palaver. Going from extreme to extreme. What next? Shooting dead people in the street?
    Linky no worky, dude, unless you're signed into 'Apple News'...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Oh, you’ll need the app then. Should be on your Mac unless it’s out of date.

The gist is that police surrounded two ladies out for a walk and fined them. Plus they weren’t allowed their flask of coffee as it’s “classed as a picnic”.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Is that the same lot who used drones to spy on people exercising their dogs?
    Barry

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Is that the same lot who used drones to spy on people exercising their dogs?
    Yep. Clearly there's nothing real for them to do in Derbyshire.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm Steve.

Here's the story on the BBC about those heavy-handed Derbyshire Cops!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-55560814

They look like a nice couple of girls to me. I'd be more interested in getting their phone numbers than issuing tickets if I was PC Plod.

Awful night for me. Whose idea was Vitamin D? I think my bottle of Cod Liver Oil had gone off. I have been trying to throw up all night, without success.

Haven't talked to God on the big white telephone since my 21st birthday. "Oh God, I'll never drink again!"

I'm Jeremy.

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    That might be the case for children under 10 years old...but they are still children right up until their 18th birthday in this country..that's senior school children..and then off to college for another 2-3 years..then maybe off to university....all conditions where hundreds of kids/young adults get together...Do you think they'll be social distancing..the answer is no they are not..They are contracting the disease and taking it home to their families, in a lot of cases...
    Ya, high schoolers are harder to say with.

However universities seem like a good way to get higher herd immunity with a demographic that isn't at risk, and the infrastructure is free. The only concern really is them coming home, as they don't shop during special shopping hours for vulnerable people (or at all if they eat at cafeterias and live in dorms).

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Sorry, Guilty as charged, must have been the cod liver oil, the big white telephone bit made me chuckle, i remember everything i got drunk on when i was a youngster, and thus had many phone conversations!
    Quote Originally Posted by system7 View Post
    Here's the story on the BBC about those heavy-handed Derbyshire Cops!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-55560814

They look like a nice couple of girls to me. I'd be more interested in getting their phone numbers than issuing tickets if I was PC Plod.

Awful night for me. Whose idea was Vitamin D? I think my bottle of Cod Liver Oil had gone off. I have been trying to throw up all night, without success.

Haven't talked to God on the big white telephone since my 21st birthday. "Oh God, I'll never drink again!"
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Gary.

Trump now permanently suspended from Twitter.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

+ Reply to Thread