+ Reply to Thread
Page 216 of 991 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226266316716 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Well, some people only 'see' what they want to see, and therefore are 'blind' to things clearly seen by others, who's eyes are more open...

Besides, dude, I thought you were out of this thread? It's about time folks here who've declared such started practicing what they preach!

Marco.
    I reserve my right to free speech.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Adrian.

Hi Adrian,

This is precisely what I was talking about earlier: https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...tions-11979733

"In a small number of cases, it was not possible to confirm if a patient did or did not have an underlying health condition. But for those where it was, 95% were found to have serious pre-existing issues."

Also here: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-h...ted-officials/

That is why I believe that the death figures from the virus are grossly exaggerated, or at best 'unreliable'.

Marco.
    Hi Marco

I still do not understand your point, this does not change the fact that if someone who had a underlying health condition and was living and coping perfectly well before(this is likely the majority) and then gets Covid19 and if they have an underlying health condition and die from it, then the impact of the disease Covid19 is the tipping point and why they die. They are just more susceptible to it due to their underlying health condition(s).

If you don’t think it is serious adisease have read of this https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/52760992 hopefully from a reasonably reliable source.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    I reserve my right to free speech.
    ...and to change your mind more often than a girl!

Seriously though, I'd do everything in my power to protect your right to (polite) free speech, so you'll always have it here [within reason]!

Just don't be a daftee and say you're 'out' of any thread, which you're clearly still interested in, as at some point you're guaranteed to be pulled back in again, just like Michael Corleone!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Hi Adrian,

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    I still do not understand your point
    Simply that I don't believe that the death figures for COVID-19 are accurate. Indeed I'm convinced about it. And if they're inaccurate, they're also unreliable. So it looks like it's something on which we're simply going to have to agree to disagree

If you don’t think it is serious adisease have read of this https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/52760992 hopefully from a reasonably reliable source.
    I've never said that. I agree that it's a serious virus.

However, I still stand by everything I said previously, in that I fundamentally believe that the figures are being exaggerated by the government, in order to fulfil an agenda: CREATE FEAR, and use that fear to manipulate and control the population, not just in the ill, but the healthy, as is quite clearly happening now, and if it's not stopped, and we don't put an spanner in their works, things are only going to get worse..

Thanks for the link. Interesting and useful info there.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Gary.

@Marco

Sometimes I like expressing myself as a Daftee... it’s what I do.

Just a minor unimportant thing, wasn’t going to mention but as you brought it up...
    when I said “that’s me said my bit” - that was for that part of the discussion mate, not the entire thread?

When your told by the Guv’nor to stop contributing as he thinks your ‘coming across like a broken record”...
    Instantly gone, no biggie.
    Anyways, no worries Mate.

My free speech is fine as is, cheers!
    All good in the hood.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Just a minor unimportant thing, wasn’t going to mention but as you brought it up...
    when I said “that’s me said my bit” - that was for that part of the discussion mate, not the entire thread?
    Oooh, nice attempt at squirming out, but no cigar! I'll believe you, though!

When your told by the Guv’nor to stop contributing as he thinks your ‘coming across like a broken record”...
    Instantly gone, no biggie.
    Anyways, no worries Mate.

My free speech is fine as is, cheers!
    All good in the hood.
    Good, good. However, when I said that, you *were* beginning to sound like a broken record, because you kept repeating essentially the same point, over and over. Like you though, what I meant was to give *that* up [sounding like a broken record], not contributing to the whole thread - after all you're the OP!

Enjoy yer Sunday

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Adrian.

Hi Adrian,

Simply that I don't believe that the death figures for COVID-19 are accurate. Indeed I'm convinced about it. And if they're inaccurate, they're also unreliable. So it looks like it's something on which we're simply going to have to agree to disagree

I've never said that. I agree that it's a serious virus.

However, I still stand by everything I've said on the matter, in that I fundamentally believe that the figures are being exaggerated by the government, in order to fulfil an agenda: CREATE FEAR, and use that fear to manipulate and control the population, not just in the ill, but the healthy, as is quite clearly happening now, and if it's not stopped, and we don't put an spanner in their works now, things are only going to get worse..

Thanks for the link. Interesting and useful info there.

Marco.
    I am also not saying that the figures are 100% accurate but when this is over and there is time to take rational review I bet rather than an inflated death rate from COVID19 the truth will be that it is higher.

Just a simple fact that for Feb, March and April this year the registered deaths are actually I believe 50k above the average for the same period over many years past speaks volumes, and you have to remember it has been a mild winter, no serious influenza issues reported or other peaks from other diseases, with the one and only exception being COVID19. So if you can find some other possible explanation I’d like to hear about. By the way the reported COVID19 death rate to date is just over 36k, so somewhat lower than the increased amount of 50k.

With respect to the government wanting to induce fear into the masses, I think the reality is they want people to understand how serious Covid19 is and ensure that people will respect and follow guidelines about distancing and travel if and when there is increased infection rate. This is a fine balancing act IMO, FRIGHTEN people and some will panic without due care or consideration for others, toilet roll gate at the start of this being a good example, as was pasta, tinned goods and stocking up by households. Get it wrong and go they other way and you start seeing people congregating publicly on beaches, in parks, and public places in close proximity, not only endangering themselves from catching the disease but also of passing it on if they are asymptomatic. And of course worse of all is the dumb and arrogant f**kers who think is funny to go around spitting at others announcing they have covid19, especially police and ambulance crew, imo they should be arrested and dealt with severely.

I don’t think fear is the aim at all, just think about it from a common sense point, we all know that a huge number of politicians have vested interests in many businesses across many sectors. If you install fear and keep having to lock down the majority of the work force it will and is causing massive failure of business and any one involved will suffer including the aforementioned politicians. Unless you are really cynical and see this as an opportunity for the rich and powerful to make a killing taking control and buying up everything they can on the cheap and then let the rest of us pay more for it in the future, if this is the case then our capability society is at the lowest point it probably has ever been in its history, although I expect one or two historians here may point out to some earlier examples in the past.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    I am also not saying that the figures are 100% accurate...
    Indeed, neither am I. It's FAR, FAR worse than that! Basically, they've been 'doctored to buggery', for a variety of different reasons, and essentially aren't worth the paper that they're written on!!

As for the rest of your post, if I have time, I'll get to it later, as Sundays are always busy days for us! Laters

Marco.
    Main System

Exclamation * VERY IMPORTANT - you MUST WATCH THIS!!*

For all the doubters of what others and I have been saying, pretty much all along, PLEASE watch this video before it is taken down by 'Big Brother', and make up on your mind afterwards on what *is* actually happening:

Shocking doesn't even touch the surface! Essentially, if we don't do something RIGHT NOW, we're all fucked.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm joe.

Indeed, neither am I. It's FAR, FAR worse than that! Basically, they've been 'doctored to buggery', for a variety of different reasons, and essentially aren't worth the paper that they're written on!!
    For that to be the case, senior medics, scientists, statisticians by the hundreds, and junior doctors by the thousand, would need to have been conned/bribed into falsifying records and distorting statistics. I know several senior scientists, and believe me, they aren't the sort of people who could be persuaded to do such things. Many doctors and healthcare workers have died while fighting the disease; are you suggesting that they're not actually dead?

+ Reply to Thread