+ Reply to Thread
Page 322 of 991 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322323324332372422822 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,220 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Indeed, but as has already been pointed out, the type of face masks most people will be wearing really aren't at all effective, so in reality they'll do next to hee-haw [there's that word again and it's got nowt to do with animals] to control the virus.

In reality, the making of it mandatory is about something completely different. So let's see where we are then, particularly you up in Scotland, in 2 months time...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

depends on your definition of effective. they may not protect the wearer particularly well, but they do reduce risk to others near you. as more places open, it gets more of a risk, and dont tell me folk will be sensible... many wont be and thus they are the likely risks.
    I dont mind giving some temp freedom to making my country and its imhabitants safer.... but, yes it must only be temp.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    But that’s a choice you’re making. You’re choosing not to support the high street because you don’t want to wear a mask and that’s fine, but you can then go blaming the closure of high street shops on masks if it’s simply people refusing to wear them!
    No, I WANT to support the high street, it's what I've always done, as I detest online shopping for anything but the most basic/mundane of items, but I won't be FORCED into wearing something that I don't want to wear, and crucially that I consider is largely ineffective, simply to be compliant!

And the more people who think like me, and become tired of the physical shopping experience being made to become more and more of a chore, with the enjoyment/spontaneity sucked out of it [and there are many], the less they will use the high street - and if that eventually leads to its closure, then the government will only have themselves to blame!

The point is, people don't like being controlled or made to behave in a certain way unless THEY agree that the reasons behind it are entirely justified. It's not enough for the 'powers that be' simply to impose rules, and we're all supposed to just meekly comply!

Intelligent, free-thinking people CHALLENGE and QUESTION things before they'll accept them, as to do otherwise simply leads to the erosion of our civil liberties and enslavement, which is why others and I are rightfully *extremely* protective of our freedoms.

So if some folk are happy simply to bend over and obey the authorities, without question on this matter, good luck to them, but I won't be one of them.

I’m not a fan of wearing a mask, but I wanted my hair cut on Monday and I needed an eye test yesterday and both establishments required me to wear one, so I stuck one on and got on with it. I fail to see the issue to be honest - if it provides even a small amount of protection from the coughing, sneezing dimwits who are out and about, there what’s the problem?
    And that's the problem. So either you haven't read what others and I here have been saying, or you're simply happy to comply with the imposition of unjustified mandatory rules for an 'easy life'... It's a typical and unfortunate reaction of the masses, who simply want to 'fit in'/not rock the boat, and I'd say be careful what you wish for!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    depends on your definition of effective. they may not protect the wearer particularly well, but they do reduce risk to others near you. as more places open, it gets more of a risk, and dont tell me folk will be sensible... many wont be and thus they are the likely risks.
    I dont mind giving some temp freedom to making my country and its imhabitants safer.... but, yes it must only be temp.
    Me too, if I honestly thought that's what was happening, but unfortunately I don't believe it is. You have to get out of the comfort zone, and largely the way we've been brought up to believe that the government (or other controlling world organisations) always has our best interests at heart, when in reality the opposite is more often true!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    So if some folk are happy simply to bend over and obey the authorities, without question, good luck to them, but I won't be one of them.
    When the organisation in question is the World Health Organisation and their advice is that wearing masks is beneficial, isn’t it rather foolish to ignore them?

Or are they corrupt and biased and in the pockets of Trump/Bill Gates/David Icke as well?
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

No comment on that, for now...

But, based on what I've been saying all along, take a guess what my view might be on the matter.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

dont have a high st here now. was taxed out of market years ago by council.. just cheap tat shop[s and charity ones that charge a fortune.. i dont have access anyway tbh being disabled. much easier to go to an all on flat place; souless i know but needs must when the devil is biting your tail
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    dont have a high st here now. was taxed out of market years ago by council.. just cheap tat shop[s and charity ones that charge a fortune.. i dont have access anyway tbh being disabled. much easier to go to an all on flat place; souless i know but needs must when the devil is biting your tail
    Indeed, and that's sad to hear and unfortunately increasingly common - and the 'new normal' they're seeking to create, which we're just starting to see the beginning of, will do little to alter that state of affairs.

Luckily, at least for now, where I am, even in Wrexham, there is still a fairly healthy town centre, full of not only crap shops, but also decent privately owned businesses, and I only need to hop into Chester (a 15 min journey in the car) to get all the (good) shops I need.

And I'd like that to remain the case for the foreseeable future, as I don't 'do' soulless existences [my life centres around living well, being happy and enjoying myself], so will do as much as I can to protect that

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Gary.

Breakin’ it down...

AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Gary.

can ignore after two minutes, or completely I’d you’d prefer.

AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

+ Reply to Thread