+ Reply to Thread
Page 359 of 991 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360361369409459859 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,590 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

My abiding memory from that was the amazing 3-2 win over Holland, and *that* world-class goal by Archie Gemmill!

The 'Ally's Tartan Army' bollox though, was just deeply embarrassing... However, where were England that year?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

More on topic, what about the government's 'Tweeting' of the recent localised lockdowns? Just incredible....

Aside from the trivialising of such an important situation, by using social media to announce it, what if those in question living in that area didn't use Twitter? Jeez, the end of the world could've been announced on fucking Twitter, and I wouldn't have had a scooby-doo, as I don't go near it, ditto Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, and the rest of such shite. Not everyone runs their life on social media!

And I'm sure there are plenty, who like me, don't... So the government's arrogance in automatically presuming that everyone reads Twitter is both grossly misplaced and beggars belief!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

The buggers announced it at 5 minutes to midnight. This means that those visitors who were staying overnight for the weekend are now breaking the law, through no fault of their own.

(It hasn't escaped my attention that today is the beginning of Eid al Adha, an important festival in the Muslim calendar. Do you think the Government chose the date deliberately; would it have chosen Christmas Eve if it thought it necessary for a further lockdown?)
    Barry

No chance.... As I've said before, Barry, the wankers don't give a fuck.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Pete.

Won't make any difference to em they dont abide by our laws anyway. I do find it amusing though that pubs are remaining open.

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The buggers announced it at 5 minutes to midnight. This means that those visitors who were staying overnight for the weekend are now breaking the law, through no fault of their own.

(It hasn't escaped my attention that today is the beginning of Eid al Adha, an important festival in the Muslim calendar. Do you think the Government chose the date deliberately; would it have chosen Christmas Eve if it thought it necessary for a further lockdown?)
    Its unlikely these days I think to see any gov lab or con not to be P/c so they must have seen some scary figures

So what was the Twitter pish all about?

Marco.
    Main System

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    My abiding memory from that was the amazing 3-2 win over Holland, and *that* world-class goal by Archie Gemmill!

The 'Ally's Tartan Army' bollox though, was just deeply embarrassing... However, where were England that year?

Marco.
    Well clearly not in Argy land as stated already. Remember the Ally McLeood does NOT eat here banner outside a restaurant when the debacle was all over

Lol - a very mad time... Mind you, it was an era where we had genuinely world-class players in our team, and we were qualifying for World Cups, and yooz wurnae!

I believe you missed '74, too?

Marco.
    Main System

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol - a very mad time... Mind you, it was an era where we had genuinely world-class players in our team, and we were qualifying for World Cups, and yooz wurnae!

I believe you missed '74, too?

Marco.
    Don't remind me of 74 this time of night, please. Ramsey s last match in charge, umpteen chances go astray and then Poland break and score. The abiding memory though was
    Cloughie on tv calling there keeper a CLOWN ..... even though he made some very fine saves, albeit a dash unconventionally. Appy days !

+ Reply to Thread