+ Reply to Thread
Page 245 of 991 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295345745 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    The point is that the bloody thing's obviously nowhere near PROPERLY ready, so we shouldn't be hearing these conversations until it's done and dusted! So you have to ask yourself why? WHY THE RUSH? WHY ALL THE 'HOO-HAH'?

Has any other UNPROVEN vaccine for a serious virus been given such a big 'shove' to be produced and rolled out so quickly, especially one with such a low mortality rate in comparison with many other more serious known diseases mankind has faced?

Jeez, you'd think they'd found a cure for cancer!

And in terms of "current legislation", the key word there is "current". That can soon be changed if the government give themselves a good enough excuse! Sorry, I understand your scepticism, but I see NOTHING to disprove the prediction I made earlier of how this pandemic is likely to unfold, only increasing evidence to justify it.

Marco.
    im betting it'll fall short and be a humungus waste of cash, but a profit for someone
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Ours is the Max, and it has that option assuming it's the "Dehydrate" function (which I've never used.) I must admit I mainly use it for the whole chicken - 20 mins pressure cooked with rosemary and well seasoned, then 12 minutes Air Crisping with a garlic, lemon and balsamic glaze - comes out perfect every time. Need to get a bit more adventurous with it and try some new recipes, rather than just chickens and chips! But I would definitely recommend them.
    ah the max has it then.. didnt know that
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    im betting it'll fall short and be a humungus waste of cash, but a profit for someone
    I don't know what will happen, nor does anyone else, but I thought the Oxford University group were being wildly over-optimistic in their prediction of a successful, proven vaccine by September this year. Now they're back-pedalling as reality bites.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Including what Grant said, those are also all possible outcomes, but we'll see.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm joe.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52833706

'So how did the founder of Microsoft, who has poured billions into global healthcare from the philanthropic foundation he runs with his wife Melinda, become the bogeyman of Covid-19 conspiracy theorists?

Prof Joseph Uscinski, a political scientist at the University of Miami and author of books on conspiracy theories, believes it is simply because he is rich and famous.

"Conspiracy theories are about accusing powerful people of doing terrible things," he told the BBC. "The theories are basically the same,
    just the names change.

"Before Bill Gates, it was George Soros and the Koch brothers and the Rothchilds and the Rockefellers."

And while the majority of conspiracy theories "die on the vine", the ones that endure are those that offer "big villains and address issues that people care about".

"It should come as no surprise that rich people and big corporations are being accused of conspiring to put chips in our necks because that is a thing we fear," he said.

"This has been the ammo of conspiracy theories for a long, long time."

While he thinks such conspiracies have "no tether to the truth whatsoever", people still seem to be falling for them.
    More than a quarter of all Americans and 44% of Republicans believe that Bill Gates wants to use a Covid-19 vaccine to implant microchips under people's skin, according to a survey from Yahoo News and YouGov.'

Yes, and of course the BBC is our officially appointed bastion of the reporting of all unbiased truth!

Oh my sides.... And of course, never would it dream of pandering to the establishment agenda, no siree...

Anyway, I'll reply properly later

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Yatsushiro Guest

Yes, and of course the BBC is our officially appointed bastion of the reporting of all unbiased truth!
    Yet you quote/refer to Daily Mail articles?

Only if it contains information I think is worth considering, just as Joe has done with his link to the BBC. It's not that I believe that what's contained in any newspaper article represents the truth, Daily Mail or otherwise, but that doesn't meant it doesn't warrant consideration.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Steve.

Summat else you can't make up..

Like I said one son in law is plod, the other is BT openreach

He got sent to an address out of town yesterday to install 6 new secure top of the range internet access phone lines / whatever in what he says was not a Bio Tech facility.

Very strict security no mobiles etc etc.

but get this, he arrives, has his temperature taken and is given an unasked for covid swab test. He has to wait 40 mins in his van to be told he's negative.

So an important non biotech outfit has the facilities to process the test on site in 40mins or less but us mere mortals are expected to be herded and die like sheep.. you really can't make it up.
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm joe.

Only if it contains information I think is worth considering, just as Joe has done with his link to the BBC. It's not that I believe that what's contained in any newspaper article represents the truth, Daily Mail or otherwise, but that doesn't meant it doesn't warrant consideration.

Marco.
    I would credit anything on the BBC website about 1,000 times more than anything I read on the Daily Mail website.

+ Reply to Thread