+ Reply to Thread
Page 584 of 991 FirstFirst ... 84484534574582583584585586594634684 ... LastLast
Results 5,831 to 5,840 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yes, but I'm not the PM, and so not only supposed to be setting an example, but expecting the whole country to follow my rules - that's the difference!

So, unlike Buffoon-Boy, I've got no 'preach to practice'. Would I have gone there had I been him, especially after telling everyone else to stay at home? No, because I'm not a hypocrite.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm BigBobJoylove.

No offence taken, it’s a thread for conversation and debate - and I know what you mean regarding the retired and elderly. They have contributed and deserve the treatment they need without exception.

But, in the short term, vaccinating the workforce first would improve the economy faster than leaving them until last. Simple as. It would enable those whom normally work to return to doing so quicker.

Obviously all those who want a vaccine should be able to get them, and as soon as poss, regardless of their current contribution to the economy. Not to sideline anyone of course, but it makes economical sense.

Cool, Didn't think there would be

We're largely on the same page, apart from this:

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    But, in the short term, vaccinating the workforce first would improve the economy faster than leaving them until last.
    For the valid reasons you mention, I don't agree either with vaccinating 'the workforce' last (inverted commas used to indicate that such doesn't just consist of the 40s and under), but you MUST first prioritise the most vulnerable (elderly or otherwise), as quite simply they're most at risk from DYING, therefore the longer they have to wait to be vaccinated, the more likely they are of succumbing to that fate.

What they should do, is regardless of age, get the most vulnerable vaccinated first (for reasons stated above), so that includes younger folks with any illnesses or underlying conditions, and for whom Covid is liable to provoke a serious reaction, then 'the workforce', with all age groups therein represented, and lastly everyone else, such as the healthy unemployed or long-term ill or disabled, who are unable to work (but not at most critical risk from Covid), and anyone else who's fit and healthy but not responsible for 'driving' the economy.

Prioritising by age is badly judged, ineffective and also unfair. But as usual, it's far easier using a sledgehammer to crack a walnut, than something more appropriate, which unfortunately requires more effort.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Gary.

I find the comments from the “vaccine” manufacturers and the Government very disturbing.

So, the above do not know IF the vaccine stops infection, has any long term side effects, or has any effect really, “long vaccine” has yet to be experienced!

Unless I’m mistaken nothings going to change after mass vaccination, still wear a mask, social distancing, stay at home and save the NHS. Consecutive governments have starved the NHS of investment and modernisation, wasting money on management layers (Primary Care Trusts have 6 management layers) and purchasing ineptitude. We have to “save the NHS” from the folly of Government’s decades of the utmost stupidity.

Winter always brings unbearable loads on hospital capacity, ignored for years.

IMHO what we’re hearing is so much crap! There’s trouble afoot soon!

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

Just touching again on what I wrote above... Here's the thing, and taking myself as an example:

Why should a [to all intents and purposes] retired, fit and healthy 55 year-old, living off his savings and investments, who suffers from no underlying health conditions (other than terminal daftness), with a strong immune system, and who in lockdown has nowhere to spend his money, thus currently isn't contributing in a useful way to the economy, be offered a vaccination before, say, a less healthy 30 year-old, with a weaker immune system (partly due to years of poor diet), and who's often ill and arguably more at risk from dying from Covid (but isn't medically classified as one of the most vulnerable) - or say, a fit and healthy 22 year-old with a big mortgage and an expensive leased company car, who's just started his own business, employing a number of other people, which despite the current situation is thriving, and thus who currently is contributing very significantly to the economy?

That doesn't make any sense - and there are countless thousands of similar examples of the government displaying such an economic use of neurones...

Prioritising by age, with the vaccine rollout, is not only dangerous, but represents grossly simplistic thinking from the 'powers that be', who largely don't have a clue, or are simply following the path that requires the least amount of thought or effort, and with potentially fatal consequences for both people's lives and the economy.

The whole thing drastically needs a rethink!!

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    I find the comments from the “vaccine” manufacturers and the Government very disturbing.

So, the above do not know IF the vaccine stops infection, has any long term side effects, or has any effect really, “long vaccine” has yet to be experienced!
    Not only that, the key thing is they don't yet know either if any of the vaccines, once providing whatever levels of immunity they're purported to have, succeed in *preventing you from subsequently becoming an asymptomatic carrier*...!!

Therefore, you have a potential situation for the millions of people who've so far been vaccinated (and arguably safe themselves now from Covid) still being able to transmit it to others! So what use is that? How does that quickly eradicate the spread of the virus and get us out of this mess and back to some semblance of normality??

Your other points are spot on, btw.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Anto.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Not only that, the key thing is they don't yet know either if any of the vaccines, once providing whatever levels of immunity they're purported to have, thus *prevent you from becoming an asymptomatic carrier*...!!

Therefore, you have a potential situation for the millions of people who've so far been vaccinated (and arguably safe themselves now from Covid) still being able to transmit it to others! So what use is that? How does that quickly eradicate the spread of the virus and get us out of this mess and back to some semblance of normality??

Your other points are spot on, btw.

Marco.
    Interesting thoughts there Marco . My mother in law was at Oswestry for her jab yesterday , my Ma on Thurs at Oswestry too, and my other half did mention about the possibility of them being able to potentially spread covid to someone else by actually being asymptomatic for a short while !!??
    Its possible ,as a vaccine is a small dose of the virus irradiated IIRC that produces a reaction in your immune system .
    A paramedic mate of mine was talking about ffeeling rough for a day after his second dose ,and his paramedic mates told him thats not unusual !!
    Its all new stuff
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

Hi Anto,

Nice hearing from you again mate, and I hope you are well

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    Interesting thoughts there Marco . My mother in law was at Oswestry for her jab yesterday , my Ma on Thurs at Oswestry too, and my other half did mention about the possibility of them being able to potentially spread covid to someone else by actually being asymptomatic for a short while !!??
    Its possible ,as a vaccine is a small dose of the virus irradiated IIRC that produces a reaction in your immune system .
    A paramedic mate of mine was talking about ffeeling rough for a day after his second dose ,and his paramedic mates told him thats not unusual !!
    Its all new stuff
    Indeed, and in terms of the above in bold, not only for a short while, but for as long as any immunity lasts, which as far as the 'success' of the vaccine is concerned, will hopefully be a long time, but yet during that time, you could still potentially be a carrier!

It's quite simple: after vaccination you'll be display no symptoms of Covid for as long as you're immune, but if they can't guarantee that during that time you still won't be a carrier of the virus, and able to infect others, then aside from potentially protecting yourself, what incentive is there to be vaccinated?

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Geoff.

My mother in law was at Oswestry for her jab yesterday , my Ma on Thurs at Oswestry too
    I always had a vision of Oswestry as one of those places you hear of, but nobody ever goes to.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Gary.

Its all new stuff
    This “vaccine” is different it does not use any modified version of the virus.

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

+ Reply to Thread