+ Reply to Thread
Page 582 of 991 FirstFirst ... 82482532572580581582583584592632682 ... LastLast
Results 5,811 to 5,820 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

We know from the stats that anyone with an underlying illness be it chronic lung, heart or diabetes etc, is far more likely to be severely affected by this Strain or infact any past strain of Corona virus,therefore; it should have been a priority in this country of getting people in those catagories onto some kind of vitamin and supliment program, they would or should have been advised by the health board that this would have been a useful tool in combating the amount of people with severe health conditions being at a greater risk from corona virus.
    Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Interferon has been around for yonks, fairly sure it has been suggested some time ago in this context. There was also mention of Tamiflu, which although primarily aimed at Infuenza can be effective against other viral infections apparently. Not heard more on it though.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Mike.

While inoculating people that are most likely to come in to contact with others is a good idea, the inoculation doesn't stop the virus from being spread only from you catching it, in my opinion NHS staff should be 1st on the list as without these people our healthcare would grind to a halt, as i've said it doesn't stop them spreading it if they come into contact with it but at least they won't end up off sick or even worst dead, after that inoculate on most likely to die if they catch it and so on.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    Precisely.

It should be in this order in my opinion...

1. Workforce between 18 and 65 years of age
    2. Uni and college students 16 and over
    3. Children up to 16 years of age
    4. The retired and vulnerable

That way we get the economy back on its feet faster, then the kids back to school and college/uni after the parents have been vaccinated, then lastly those whom mostly spend time at home and/or don't do anything to contribute to the economy (as a whole).

The government's got it completely backwards as usual.
    Yeah, can you imagine the reaction in the country putting old folk at the back of the queue. Brave Government to do that.

I'm Grant.

i think old folk have contributed plenty to the country. that order and attitude is fairly odd, and i doubt many would agree. you always vaccinate your most at risk of serious disease first. irrellevent of how much they currently put into the kitty.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    he could and maybe he has done that previously. But he can't do the same thing every day. If you are an assassination/kidnap target then you are advised to vary your routes and routines on a daily basis. That's security 101. In short, if he want's to go outside and ride his bike for an hour each day then, unlike the rest of us, he has to do it in a different place each day.
    I get that, but the point is, in a city the size of London, he doesn't *have* to travel for 7 miles, in order to find somewhere different to cycle everyday!

There must be an innumerable amount of suitable places where he could do that within close proximity to Downing St, and which with lockdown would be much quieter than usual, enabling ample social distancing, etc, and where he would be just as safe as the park where he cycled 7 miles to!

As usual, and as has happened throughout this pandemic (with the Cummings fiasco, etc), his behaviour smacks of hypocrisy and double-standards: one rule for 'the elite', and another for 'the plebs'

Members of the government, and especially the PM, should be setting exemplary examples to the rest of the nation (and displaying impeccable standards of behaviour, by following the rules to the letter), but some, including BJ Buffoon-Boy, seem to think that they're above them!

Therefore, how can you expect others ['the plebs] to take a blind bit of notice of the rules, or worse how can the government criticise or lambast them when they break them (especially when many are so ambiguous), or preach to others how the rules should be followed, when they're just doing what the hell they like??

They need to get it into their thick heads, Buffoon-Boy, especially, that the LAW (and rules set for behaviour during this pandemic) *applies as much to them* (and the power-hungry authoritarian police bullies) as anyone else!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I get that, but the point is, in a city the size of London, he doesn't *have* to travel for 7 miles in order to find somewhere different to cycle everyday!

There must be an innumerable amount of suitable places where he could do that within close proximity to Downing St, and which with lockdown would be much quieter than usual, enabling ample social distancing, etc, and where he would be just as safe as the park where he cycled 7 miles to!

As usual, and as has been the case throughout this pandemic (with the Cummings fiasco, etc), it's a case of hypocrisy and double-standards: one rule for the 'special ones' and another for 'the plebs'

Members of the government, and especially the PM, should be setting good examples to the rest of the nation (and exemplary standards of behaviour, by following the rules to the letter), but some including BJ Buffoon-Boy seem to think that they're above them, so how can you expect others ['the plebs] to take a blind bit of notice of the rules, or worse how can the government criticise them, when they break the rules (especially when many are so ambiguous), or preach to others how the rules should be followed, when they're doing what the hell they like??

Marco.
    How do you know he hasn't been using places nearby as well? Just because it hasn't been reported because there was nothing out of the ordinary to report?

It's just another total non-story. Seems to me that critics of Johnson must be desperate if this is the best they can do. I notice that they've been somewhat put out by the EU trade deal too. 'The EU won't let us have our cake and eat it!' Wrong again.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I get that, but the point is, in a city the size of London, he doesn't *have* to travel for 7 miles, in order to find somewhere different to cycle everyday!

As usual, and as has been the case throughout this pandemic (with the Cummings fiasco, etc), it's a case of hypocrisy and double-standards: one rule for the 'special ones' and another for 'the plebs'

Members of the government, and especially the PM, should be setting good examples to the rest of the nation (and exemplary standards of behaviour, by following the rules to the letter), but some including BJ Buffoon-Boy seem to think that they're above them, so how can you expect others ['the plebs] to take a blind bit of notice of the rules, or worse how can the government criticise them, when they break the rules (especially when many are so ambiguous), or preach to others how the rules should be followed, when they're doing what the hell they like??

They need to get it into their thick heads, Buffoon-Boy, especially, that the LAW (and rules set for behaviour during this pandemic) applies as much to them (and the power-hungry police bullies) as much as anyone else!!

Marco.
    Even more so...these useless twats should be setting an example...I'll just reiterate something I said earlier...you don't need to go outdoors to exercise..and BJ is only going cycling because he likes to..I'm sure he could put his cycling hobby on hold for 6 months or so....or get an exercise bike for indoor use

Stay at home everyone, it saves lives............................................. .................................................. ............Except Boris
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Alan.

How do you know he hasn't been using places nearby as well? Just because it hasn't been reported because there was nothing out of the ordinary to report?

It's just another total non-story. Seems to me that critics of Johnson must be desperate if this is the best they can do. I notice that they've been somewhat put out by the EU trade deal too. 'The EU won't let us have our cake and eat it!' Wrong again.
    It seems to me, it's got fuck all to do with exercise, but an exercise to allow you to go outdoors...it's all bollocks..stay indoors...sign up to Peloton

It's got nowt to do with picking on Johnson ..he's the prime minister ffs....If anyone should be leading by example it should be him...or did you think it would go un-noticed that Boris is going for a bike ride???
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    Yeah, can you imagine the reaction in the country putting old folk at the back of the queue. Brave Government to do that.
    It’s a big problem when the majority of the nation don’t understand simple economics. Sadly most seem to believe that infinite money grows on trees.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Sure, but that doesn't negate his breaking of the rules (or not being true to the spirit of them, if you prefer, as he's asking of others) by going 7 miles to take some exercise. If he's also been using places nearby, then he should be sticking to those, and like a good boy, keeping his arse nearer home!

The fact is, there are TONS of suitable places locally that he could use, and which there's no way he would've exhausted yet, so there is simply NO excuse for going anywhere else. He needs to heed his own words: STAY AT HOME!!! Simples.

It's not a non-story if you abhor hypocrisy and double standards, or 'elites' lording it over their 'minions' (count me in), as those two girls who were disgracefully treated in such an unnecessary and appallingly heavy-handed manner, by bullies posing as Police, were utterly lambasted for essentially doing the same...!

So, fair's fair, HE should've been similarly lambasted - even MORE SO - as he should've known better and be setting a flawless example to the nation of how to behave!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

+ Reply to Thread