+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 991 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149549 ... LastLast

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Adrian.

I went to collect my prescriptions today at Lloyds Chemist, and the lady I know there and another customer told me that there had been a serious incident at our local Tesco this morning. Apparently 2 customers were involved in a fight, one customer had a verbal go at another about taking too much and obviously stock piling and being selfish, at which point the other customer set about the other with fists. I believe the police had to be called and I think an arrest was made.

A rather sad story I am afraid.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Grant.

some folk are bloody disgraceful.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

All the local high street shops are either sold out or have huge queues.

Strangely, the tiny mini-mart/offy tucked away in a quiet corner at the top of my road always has stock and never seems to have customers. I was walking past the other day and on display outside were 72 roll packs of toilet paper for £3.99, so I grabbed one. Today there were bags of spuds at £1.20 and I had one of those. No point getting more as they go bad if I keep too many. Apart from the shopkeeper I didn't see anybody and he kept well away.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    I’ve been out today looking for bog roll. Only want a 4 pack but no chance. Both Tesco and Asda completely out. Bought some kitchen roll instead. What the hell people doing with it all?
    It's because of Mothering Sunday

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    All the local high street shops are either sold out or have huge queues.

Strangely, the tiny mini-mart/offy tucked away in a quiet corner at the top of my road always has stock and never seems to have customers. I was walking past the other day and on display outside were 72 roll packs of toilet paper for £3.99, so I grabbed one. Today there were bags of spuds at £1.20 and I had one of those. No point getting more as they go bad if I keep too many. Apart from the shopkeeper I didn't see anybody and he kept well away.
    not got a huge supply but enough for my current needs, and thats all i require; all anyone requires.. only scum go around hogging all the bum paper... what about all the old folk.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I've been winding the kids up about our distinct lack of toilet paper and rationing them to two sheets per poo. Well, the inevitable came this morning, and we ran out. The only decent sized leaf I could find in the fridge was lettuce. Sadly I think this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    I've been winding the kids up about our distinct lack of toilet paper and rationing them to two sheets per poo. Well, the inevitable came this morning, and we ran out. The only decent sized leaf I could find in the fridge was lettuce. Sadly I think this is just the tip of the iceberg.

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    not got a huge supply but enough for my current needs, and thats all i require; all anyone requires.. only scum go around hogging all the bum paper... what about all the old folk.
    All it takes is for norovirus to start doing the rounds again and the shit will hit the fan. Probably literally!

I'm Grant.

suppose we could start using a litter tray
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Pete.

Well the delivery arrived with a distinct lack of cleaning products even though she had only ordered a couple. Apart from that rest of order was pretty much unaffected and the good news was my stock of budweiser is back. Always like to take advantage of offers and get a good stock in.
    Seems home delivery is the way round shortages. We did notice that usually our order comes from Skipton but this time came from main depot in Leeds. So this might indicate that deliveries might not be getting to the stores, instead used for home deliveries.

+ Reply to Thread