+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 991 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165565 ... LastLast

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Geoff.

Won't stop repeated visits though or people borrowing wholesaler trade cards from relatives.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Eradicating disgusting selfishness at checkouts though, no matter how many visits are made, will certainly help!

Man, how I'd love that job, of emptying the trollies of these wankers and watching their faces as I do it!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Andre.

Regarding our local Retail park that houses a lot of the high streets well known outlets is over half closed till further notice. I think a few more shops may shut up this week, the ones that people really could live happily without.

The tricky bit is People who have to go to work that do not want to in fear or contracting it or if they have it without realising yet hence possibly spreading it. Places like supermarkets which will not close being a necessity, also ofc the NHS front line. For these two lines of work i feel for them, putting themselves at risk but cannot do much to avoid being in the thick of it, especially when they have a family at home...

The simple solution is a total lock down of the country when absolutely no one ventures outside but its an impossibility.

I'm Dave.

In the meantime a whole lot of plonkers are going to the beach and going to the parks. What part of "you will probably spread a deadly virus" and it may come back to hit you or your friends in a few weeks time" do these idiots not understand?

I didn't believe it all at first, then I looked at the maths, and the strategies - and yes - it is going to get bad. Very bad for some people. I'm not keen on the government, but the latest advice is more or less on the right lines - with some glaring errors. Having all the older people go in to supermarkets sounds like a good idea - keep the others out - then all the oldies can infect each other, and they won't be around in a month or so. Social distancing is a start, and if people follow the guidelines, then it doesn't have to get worse. It might, in which case "sensible" measures might be much more draconian, severe, and unpleasant.
    Dave

I'm Andre.

645 posts on this subject. Phew bulk threading

I'm Dave.

In the meantime a whole lot of plonkers are going to the beach and going to the parks. What part of "you will spread a deadly virus" and it may come back to hit you or your friends in a few weeks time" do these idiots not understand?

I didn't believe it all at first, then I looked at the maths, and the strategies - and yes - it is going to get bad. Very bad for some people. I'm not keen on the government, but the latest advice is more or less on the right lines - with some glaring errors. Having all the older people go in to supermarkets sounds like a good idea - keep the others out - then all the oldies can infect each other, and they won't be around in a month or so. Social distancing is a start, and if people follow the guidelines, then it doesn't have to get worse. It might, in which case "sensible" measures might be much more draconian, severe, and unpleasant.
    Dave

I'm Andre.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    In the meantime a whole lot of plonkers are going to the beach and going to the parks. What part of "you will probably spread a deadly virus" and it may come back to hit you or your friends in a few weeks time" do these idiots not understand?
    Well i was up and having brekki this morning at 6:00am, saw em in Australia on morning TV, Beaches were packed with sun worshippers totally mad. Same in the USA with the young uns party party. So what do they do if they cant go to the pub, have a party in the house, such mentality makes my mind boggle. a congregation of people is a congregation in a pub or a home, such muppets

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Eradicating disgusting selfishness at checkouts though, no matter how many visits are made, will certainly help!

Man, how I'd love that job, of emptying the trollies of these wankers and watching their faces as I do it!!

Marco.
    Some could be buying for the elderly/infirm though, as well as themselves. And some have big families, I know a few people with 7 or 8 children. Anyway they were already rationing in our Sainsbury this morning.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Andre.

You can tell if they are buying for elderly etc. Everything would not be multiples of exactly the same brand which it mostly is.

I'm Grant.

mother natures way of cleaning up the planet
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread