+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 991 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138538 ... LastLast

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Hope it's not too bad, Gaz. And thanks for doing your bit for herd immunity. Just don't overdo the "self isolation" if you've not been stockpiling bog roll... See you (hopefully safe and well) on the other side (but keeping 2m apart, obvs.)
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Um im not sure sick pay for self employed will happen, When you are self employed you know you cover your own sickness & Holidays etc. Why expect to have this sickness covered!

And dont argue with me, im entitled to my view.
    In a crisis like this, which is totally out of peoples control, do you think the government should make an exception? And self employed these days can mean being a Deliveroo driver don't forget!
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Andre.

Appoliloggies but self employed to me means you are on your own entity, Standing sickness, Holidays, Pay book keeps, Your own Tax stuff etc. & should also be making more money than most that hold down a general job working for someone.

I'm Anto.

Appoliloggies but self employed to me means you are on your own entity, Standing sickness, Holidays, Pay book keeps, Your own Tax stuff etc. & should also be making more money than most that hold down a general job working for someone.
    Depends on your version of being self employed ,but you are probaby right to some degree
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Steve.

Um im not sure sick pay for self employed will happen, When you are self employed you know you cover your own sickness & Holidays etc. Why expect to have this sickness covered!

And dont argue with me, im entitled to my view.
    This of course is true, and being self employed I accept that I take the rough with the smooth. But these are exceptional circumstances where people who almost certainly aren't sick are forced to leave work. If the self employed have to choose between going out to work (and risk being infected or infecting others) or staying home with absolutely no income, there are many who will risk it. (Not me mind, Mrs. P, who has an a compromised immune system and is now self-isolating would consign me to a tent in the garden)
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Adrian.

Quite, if the government is asking people to self isolate for the good of all irrespective of work status, them all should be treated equally. If they do not do this then it will break down imo and then will be ineffective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Quite, if the government is asking people to self isolate for the good of all irrespective of work status, them all should be treated equally. If they do not do this then it will break down imo and then will be ineffective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's what I was trying to say, in my usual "round the houses" fashion
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Andre.

Regardless the biggest issue i see is people just cannot afford to be off work, The stat sick pay is no use nor ornament. I understand that some people have plenty money in the bank & can afford to isolate themselves. I certainly cannot afford to be off work. I naturally isolate myself from people anyway, I generally do my shopping late at night maybe an hour before they shut where as there is virtually no one in the place. There is no law laid down in this country saying you are not allowed to go out, so people are just gonna go out & go to work as normal. If the Gov offered to fully finance the people we all work for so they can pay us us full money to be off, i think a hell of a lot of people would indeed self isolate for sure, they would jump at the chance. Money is the paramount of importance which sadly take precedence over healthy, Crazy but troo. In situations like this the Gov need to realise that people of this country are just not getting paid enough to have plenty money in the bank, i think they are oblivious to how many are actually living hand to mouth. They are simple not gonna stay off work.

I dropped off some some bog rolls & bits at my mothers yesterday... Had to plonk them on the doorstep, Phone her so so could open the door & take them in being in her 70's. Be interesting to know how people will act on Mothers day. I will just do the same, Flowers & a card on the doorstep.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I have been self employed for the last 15 years, Ive now taken a PAYE job due to the IR35 issues. This company only pays statutory sick pay, no use to man nor beast.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Neil.

The Government have hinted strongly that they will introduce mandatory social distancing, if people don't follow the guidelines. Make no mistake we could end up in a martial law typed situation, as is now the case in many other countries.
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread