+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flamborough Head East Riding of Yorkshire

I'm Andre.

I think more Black & White looks effective with that kind of thing..

I'm Shaun.

Absolutely Marco ! Light, shade, texture, that is all it is about for me when I am trying to capture something that could be a 'light painting'. I'm not interested in the sun shining because better looking images can be had when it is bright but overcast. All I add is the gritty 'painted' appearance using software with a nice fuzzy 'bleed' effect.

Sadly, I gave up on film around five years ago mainly due to roll film being 10 quid with the addition of E6 processing. I would then have to scan the slides and then do the same post processing. It may produce an even better 'painted' type image I don't know. It would be a costly experiment though given the cost of medium format cameras and their rarity these days. At least I wouldn't have to buy wide angle lenses at another high cost as the images here were shot using a 50mm Nikon.

I'll wait to see how the prints look when they return from the printers and then the framers. Even framing these days costs around 65 quid for a 20X16 on top of the cost of the actual prints.

Once again, thank you for the comments.

I'm Julian.

Fabulous images. Love the idea behind them - they've become impressionistic in a contemporary way.

I think they will look really powerful printed and framed. Look forward to seeing them in situ!
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by julesd68 View Post
    Fabulous images. Love the idea behind them - they've become impressionistic in a contemporary way.

I think they will look really powerful printed and framed. Look forward to seeing them in situ!
    Julian, cheers very much for your comments. The printed images are now back and framed. Although they still look like photographs they do have that certain 'impressionistic' look that you referred to.

I now have to get them to the gallery but it's not looking like that will be any time soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12