+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: DD turntable recommendations?

I'm steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Great cartridge that 'E3' steve. I was gonna sell the one i just bought but was surprised how nice it sounds, Looks great too. Audio Bargain if you ask me. Replacement Styli can be had for about £50. which i must buy one in for future swap.. Much prefer the 'E3' to the '1042'
    Yes the E3 certainly is a bargain, over the last 5 or 6 years I’ve had a fair selection of MMs, a couple of 2M Reds, an AT95E and AT95EX, an AT120EB and a Nagaoka MP110, the E3 though is the pick of the bunch although the AT95EX runs it close, the Nag is bland, the 2M Red coarse, the 120EB a little bright but a fabulous tracker, when you consider all but the AT95s are quite a bit dearer than the E3, the Nag almost twice the price. As you say replacement styli at around £50 you can’t go wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Its built on an AT 95 Generator.
    It manages to produce a bit of extra magic, more than likely due to the totally different body. A change of body can do wonders, back in the late 1980’s I had my ATOC7 MC rebodied by Stilton Audio and it transformed it from very good to top flight, cost me £100, a lot of money back then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Paul.

Kenwood KD-990 would be my choice. Lovely cast alloy chassis and a very decent medium mass arm.

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by hermit View Post
    Kenwood KD-990 would be my choice. Lovely cast alloy chassis and a very decent medium mass arm.

Yes very nice too Paul.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456