+ Reply to Thread

Thread: March Prog show

I'm Steve.

Default March Prog show

Hey Progsters tune in this evening for some choons with me Steve Petch for The Progmeister @ Progzilla. Some new, some old some very very old Prog, A little dash of pop and even some electro. 6pm-8pm this evening. Broadcast from the ramshackled dolls house of Prog. See ya down there?

Last edited by Floyddroid; 08-03-2020 at 08:44. Reason: Adding image

I'm Steve.

Here is a link to the show as a Podcast.. http://www.progzilla.com/the-progmei...arch-8th-2020/

I'm Andre.

Chris Rea PROG?

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Chris Rea PROG?

No he isn't, never will be Andre. I play different musical genre throughout my show from newly released to older and very old pieces. It's what i like to do. I am a huge Keith Emerson fan and love many of the traditionsl prog bands and artiste's. However, if i were to play 70's Prog on every show it would amount to about 6 songs. You obviously don't like me or my show Andre and that is your right. My advice is not to listen to it as it so obviously offends you. Or better still STFU!

I'm Andre.

Dont know you steve so how can i not like you However your definition of Prog is a bit of a joke to me a clear indication of lack er Prog Knowledge that is only gifted to real Progmeisters anyway but ofc ill STFU

I'm Steve.

Been listening to Prog since 1971 Andre. My first gig was as a 14 year old watching Pink Floyd in 1973. I was lucky to see many of the original/traditional Prog bands in their original forms, Yes, ELP, Genesis etc. To be writing this and reading your comments as i mourn the passing of Keith Emerson on the 4th anniverary of his horrendous suicide offends me. With regards to being the real Progmeister i was writing and publishing my website years before the other guy decided to call himself the name i had been using for years! In addition i had staged two successgul Prog festivals five years before he did. I do have to doff my cap to him as the shows he is involved with at the moment are well organised and well funded too. I do actually know what constitutes Prog and what does not and depending on age and preference of neo Prog or just the original form of which i adore is like all music subjective.
    I originally intended my show to be an extension of the website which is predominately Prog and Neo Prog. However in th ebig picture of things there is much more interesting music to be heard than just Prog of which i enjoy celebrating past masters who will never be bettered and promoting new artists who due to the way the music industry is don't get heard. Come along to NEBO in May and we can chat about it over a pint. In the meantime don't assume that someones definition of Prog is a joke or my knowledge isn't what it should be as because as you correctly mention you don't even know me or ever met me. I put my time, energy and money into Prog and have since childhood. But hey at the end of the day i don't have to explain myself to you or anyone else i have never met and find it easy to criticise others via online forums. Been here before and to be frank find this more of a joke than your comments. The one thing i will concede to you Andre is that this is quite obviously the wrong forum to post about my show so i will cease forthwith.

I'm Andre.

Seems a bit odd ceasing because i dont understand why a clearly titled prog show most times dont have prog on it. A bit like showing inspector Morse on a Teatime kids channel...

You'll have to excuse me i suppose, my main interest were Obscure Progressive from late 60's early 70's. & a firm believer it had had its day by the end of '73 although at that time it was getting a tad embarrassing where you wil find the progressive piss takers are focusing on this period to do so. .Most everything there after was pure desperation to me. However i do listen to other music mostly from the 80's but has no connection to Prog.I do however had a timescale cut of period like i did Prog. I just have a knack of sectioning the wheat from the chaff, Music genres have a limited lifespan before it becomes dross its inevitable. It is near on impossible for a long standing band to have the same sound signature from the start of their career to years down the line & ofc you like a band for their sound signature, if it changes it no longer sounds like the band you were originally attracted to hence may as well be someone else..

Bit of advice out of experience. Progressive don't work on Hi-Fi forums just on dedicated Prog forums that are basically full of Kids, i would not be seen dead posting on.

+ Reply to Thread