+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thorens TD-2001

I'm Matt.

Default Thorens TD-2001

So as the merry-go-round continues I'm selling my Thorens TD-2001. Rarely seen on the used UK market, especially in this condition. Arguably at the pinnacle of Thorens powers on the mass market side of things. Has both auto arm lift plus auto stop at end of side, leaf spring suspension and what is considered their best arm in the TP-90, all round a really great bit of kit. Only selling as I'm clearly not a full Schilling/sandwich short of a picnic and have to keep trying something new.

It will come with its original EU 220v power supply and a UK 240v I purchased which is a Hornby item with the correct supply requirements.

No cartridge included but if you're interested I have a couple of spare ones that can be negotiated on, a 2M Blue (MM) or a Ortofon Kontrapunkt A (MC).

Condition is as close to mint as I dare describe it, only blemish being where the arm catches the arm rest which is unavoidable on these. Lid is also solid with no damage. Only modification has been the thin hardboard base cover replaced with an aluminium one with all the correct holes for underneath access as per original. Recent belt, fresh oil, original Thorens mat etc.

I have no packaging for this, aside of that I'm never happy shipping TTs especially suspended ones, so it's collection from Nottingham or meet up around East Mids only.

Priced at £750 minus cart, only other one I can see is about £200 more so I think it's priced fairly.

Click to enlarge pics

I'm Matt.

Weekend bump.

I'm Matt.

Price drop to £700.

Cracking TT this, only selling as I want to try some different arms in my system.

I'm Andre.

Cant you just remove that 'TP-90' arm & arm board, disable the cue cos that was actually a very good deck.

I'm Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Cant you just remove that 'TP-90' arm & arm board, disable the cue cos that was actually a very good deck.

The armboard isn't removable, you'd need to do some serious mods to fit an alternative arm and this deck is too nice for that.

I'm Graham.

Jolly nice deck Matt, it looks in lovely condition.

I'm Matt.

Thanks Graham, yes, I honestly think you wouldn't find a nicer one. I was surprised by the condition myself when it turned up.

I'm Matt.

If anyone is interested but would need it shipping, I will offer to deliver it in person instead.

+ Reply to Thread