+ Reply to Thread

Thread: St Kitts West Indies

I'm Martin.

Default St Kitts West Indies

Just had a week's jolly on this very beautiful and still mostly undeveloped island (not far from Antigua). Quite cheap out of season and highly recommended.

Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm ChrisB.

That looks fabulous, Martin. St Kitts is somewhere that I know absolutely nothing about.

Except for this song by Taj Mahal...........

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    That looks fabulous, Martin. St Kitts is somewhere that I know absolutely nothing about.

Except for this song by Taj Mahal...........

I'm told that Joan Armatrading is their most famous export
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Mark.

Looks great

Having never been there, is it the kind of place where you need to stay in the complex to be safe or is it OK to wander around the countryside?

I dont really like complexes and would want to stand on the top of that mountain in the background and admire the scenery.

Mark.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Grant View Post
    Looks great

Having never been there, is it the kind of place where you need to stay in the complex to be safe or is it OK to wander around the countryside?

I dont really like complexes and would want to stand on the top of that mountain in the background and admire the scenery.

Mark.
    No, you can walk around anywhere on the island it is very safe and the people very friendly albeit maybe a bit reticent initially, (much like the British, I suppose). Wandered around the capital (Brasseterre) for a couple of hours and caught the ferry over to the adjoining island (Nevis) - never had any problems. The only hassle you get is the occasional taxi driver stopping to ask if you want a lift somewhere.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I'm told that Joan Armatrading is their most famous export
    I'm most envious Mark.

It has been a long held ambition of mine to one day sail the Winwood and Leewood islands: starting off from Curaçao and 'island hop' in an anticlockwise sense, ending up in Jamaica. Won't do it now though - my sailing days are long gone, however I hope to visit some of the islands there in the future.

Yes you're right, Joan Armatrading is probably the most famous Kittitian.

Regards
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I'm most envious Mark.

It has been a long held ambition of mine to one day sail the Winwood and Leewood islands: starting off from Curaçao and 'island hop' in an anticlockwise sense, ending up in Jamaica. Won't do it now though - my sailing days are long gone, however I hope to visit some of the islands there in the future.
    Hi Barry

You can charter boats out there quite cheap if you don't fancy sailing yourself. The island hop thing would be a dream to do. Maybe we can get an AOS party together!
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread