+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Von Schweikert VR4.5s speakers

I'm Simon.

Default FS: Von Schweikert VR4.5s speakers

For sale my personal pair of Von Schweikert VR-4.5s loudspeakers at £1,500

Built in 1999 in the USA, the VR4.5s were the upgrade on the original VR4.5 with upgraded woofers, upgraded crossovers with Hovland capacitors and copper foil inductors and silver internal wiring. They are a big speaker, with a big sound and deep bass.

90 dB per Watt, and an easy load, they work really well with a high quality valve amp or nice solid state amp.

Personally imported from the original owner in the USA during 1999 they are a three way speaker system with a dual bass driver cabinet and a separate mid/treble cabinet sat on top.

Specs can be seen here: https://gear.discogs.com/gear/65757-...esearch-vr-4-5

The cabinets are generally in good condition, but there are a few marks here and there as may be expected given their age. The veneer on the bass cabinets has rippled as shown in the photos, but this is very common with VS speakers of this vintage and they were like that at 2 years old when I received them

They come with the original double-box shipping cases and instructions.

I recommend collection, with a van or very large car.
    SJS Arcadia Line Level Pre-amplifiers, Headphone amps, MM Phono Stages and SET Power amps - service, repairs, upgrades.
    Designed and hand-built in England.

I'm Simon.

Sold

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    SJS Arcadia Line Level Pre-amplifiers, Headphone amps, MM Phono Stages and SET Power amps - service, repairs, upgrades.
    Designed and hand-built in England.

I'm Dennis.

I'm not surprised that they sold quickly, I have a great respect for Von Schweikert, he being one of three engineers who developed the Heil in the early 70s, the others being Nelson Pass and Oskar Heil.

I would like to see the upper driver array though.

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Incredible looking speakers.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Graeme.

I very rarely look at the trade ads which is clearly a big mistake on my part. Not surprised that these sold quickly I was knocked out by them when I heard them at yours last year. Someone has got a wonderful pair of speakers.

Graeme

+ Reply to Thread