+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yamaha CT-7000 FM Tuner

I'm Graham.

Default Yamaha CT-7000 FM Tuner

Widely considered as Yamaha’s best FM tuner, a vintage classic. The construction of this item is exemplary; it weighs as much as a receiver. The various tuner sections (demodulator, discriminator, IF amp) are all mounted on separate boards and shielded under separate stainless steel covers. The signal strength and tuning meter make it very easy to extract the strongest signal.

The PCBs and interior are all in very good condition. The power supply caps were replaced within the last 7-10 years shortly before it was purchased by the last owner and it has hardly been used since.
    It has just this week been to a professional repairer to replace the soldered in bulbs replaced and align the tuner.

The front plate is in excellent condition other than some scratches on the top edge of the fascia and some small marks on the RH top corner. The wooden sleeve has a small chip on the front left corner and a dent on the rear right corner (not visible in the rack). See images below. As the front and rear panels are not similarly damaged, it looks like the wooden sleeve may have been removed and dented/damaged (for example when it serviced). I am pretty fussy so would rate the fascia at 8/10, the sleeve at 7/10. Overall it is extremely tidy and looks excellent when racked however it is obviously not mint.

All the controls work properly and have a nice action. The only slight oddity is the flap which stays firmly in position when closed, but doesn’t stay fully down when open. However the repairer could not see no obvious mechanism to lock the door fully down but without another one to compare with I am not sure if this is normal.

Pick up from Surrey (near Junction 8 M25), and can take to Kegworth WAM show. I am also driving to Yorkshire in March so can deliver en-route

Price: £425 ono

I'm Andre.

Ah loverly. Especially the rare Black version

I'm Kevin.

Now how lovely would that look alongside my CA-2010

Sorely tempted...

I'm ROGER.

been lucky enough to own two of these fabulous tuners in the past, build quality on these is second to none, cant imagine how much they would cost if manufactured today...

I'm Andre.

Loverly sleek looking things that range back then. Really cool that the new stuff has the look of these oldies..

I'm Graham.

Sold, subject to the usual.
    Thanks for interest

I'm openingabottleofwine.

The Yamaha CT7000 was THE most beautiful-looking tuner, as well as having a great performance.

The buyer should be very pleased with his purchase.
    Barry

I'm Robert.

Default Ct-7000 vs Nat 01

I have both these tuners just got hold of Nat 01 late olive example, what’s the thoughts on comparisons as I love the Yamahas build and quality but know the Nat01 has a good reputation for sound quality, I have a nat05xs at present but it’s not the most three dimensional in sound comparing to an arcam t32, sorry for discussion, buyer will be very happy I’m sure

I'm Adam.

I’d still love to try one of these one day.

Congratulations on the sale Graham - it looks in superb order.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Andre.

I'd have thought the 'CR2020' Receiver might have the same tuner on board!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast