After numerous inquiries and requests with regards to the Dorado, I have spent some time trying to solve two of the most asked for features.

Using the Dorado MKII with the Caiman or Bushmaster DACs
It is possible to use the Dorado MKII with the original SMPS supply, but only if I remove the output overload prevention circuit. So you have to make sure that you then never plug any power supply into the Dorado that is more than 15V. Of course that bit is easy since the original PSU is 12V.

If however you get the SEG pre-amp or headphone output modified at a later date ( and I have been doing mods on them), then you'll need a regulated 15V power supply to use with the modified SEG and modified Dorado MKII in order to enjoy the increased dynamic range.
You don't need the 15V if you just have the Master clock mod or the USB reclocking mod. You can use the 12V power supply.

So if you don't intend to get the SEG pre-amp and headphone mod, then I can do you a modded Dorado MKII to work with your 12V supply. There is no extra charge for the mod.

This mod does not work with the Dorado MKI (TC-7320) unfortunately. The MKI doesn't have the HF filter, which is required for removal of any switching noise from a SMPS unit. That filter is only in the MKII.

If you are using the modded DoradoII with one of those Chinese PSU with the LED voltage display, you need to make sure the voltage on the display is 15V, and not higher than 15.5V under any circumstances.

Using the Dorado MKII with any other DAC from a different manufacturer
Some people have been using the Dorado with other DACs that use a 12VDC external power supply. In unmodified form it will work in most cases if the current that the DAC draws is less than 1A. But for best result, you need to use the modified Dorado MKII, and make sure that your DAC is using a 12V regulated DC supply. The current rating of your original DAC can then be anything up to 3A.
I have sold a number of the Dorado units to owners of the Korg DACs that use an external 12V source. The results are apparently spectacular. I don't own a Korg, but did try it out on an Arcam. I couldn't try it on the Fidelity DAC since the adapter for the Fidelity that I had is AC/AC. The Dorado won't work with an AC power adapter. So don't ever try it!

If you have any DAC specific question on the above, email me. And I do mean email me, not put a message here. I tend to get certificate issues with the forum that prevents my browser from accessing the forum, and it can take days before I then bother to log on to read threads.
For general questions, you can of course post in this thread.

Stan