+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Price Check

I'm Andre.

Default Price Check

Im thinking about a no fuss Straight arm tube Tonearm. 2nd hand. I do not like Linn arms & i do not like Rega Arms, in fact i do not like any arms but out of all im kinda gonna go with the Rega.

Does anyone know what the Going rate for an all original 'RB-300' Goes for on the used market [Non piss takers price]? or would it be more sense going for a used J.A Michell 'OEM202' or Rega 'RB220' ? Fitting a Goldring 'E3' to it. Rega arm is good enough for what i want it for. So spending bigger money on bigger models is not worth it for me.

I'm stuart.

Open ebay.
    Search 'rega rb300'.
    sort by 'sold'.
    Garrard 401, Jelco 750 with Shuggie, Ortofon 2M Black / ZYX Yatra 100, Project Phono RS with Sigma22 Linear PS, RPi3 + DigiOne + Linear PS, RPi3/1Tb SSD with PiCorePlayer + Linear PS, Perreaux Eloquence 250i 40th Anniversary with ES9038Pro DAC, DCG3 Pre-Amp, Neurochrome 8x2 Pre-Amp, Neurochrome 686 Power amp, Benchmark DAC2 HGC, Primare V25 CD player, Monitor Audio PL300, Sjostrom DCT03 DC Blocker.

I'm John.

If your only looking to run a GR E3, then also look at the RB250. There are also NAD/moth variants (badged 250s). They are often 10 - 20% heaper than the Rega

I'm Karl.

Have a look at origin live arms aswell. Great vfm straight arms . Always goin cheap on eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Andre.

Hi Karl
    Thanks but id rather keep to Rega. I dont like a lot of things about Rega arm but i will have to just try and ignore them, After all im basically trying to break away from Hi-Fi & all that comes with the hobby for a simple good sounding no fuss system i can just use & forget about.

I'm David.

I have an RB300 i bought recently to use as a second arm on a tt but have scrubbed the idea so its for sale

I'm Andre.

I have no probs getting one i was just looking for anti Piss-take prices.. The Rega balances on one of two decks im looking into.. I was gonna just buy a Weega Planar but they really are cheap crap looking to my eyes.

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Hi Karl
    Thanks but id rather keep to Rega. I dont like a lot of things about Rega arm but i will have to just try and ignore them, After all im basically trying to break away from Hi-Fi & all that comes with the hobby for a simple good sounding no fuss system i can just use & forget about.
    No dramas mate just thought I’d add a suggestion as the OL are rega geometry but for me are a better arm . Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

+ Reply to Thread