+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Forgotten password

I'm Ronald.

Default Forgotten password

I had changed my PC and OS; as a result I lost my password. When I came to request a revised password I experienced some difficulty in getting this done. I was asked two random questions; they were as follows:

1) What do you play cds on?; I tried several answers, "cd player", "a cd player" "cd players" "PCs"and "a PC". All these answers were rejected.

2) What does the abbreviation "LP stand for"? I tried several answers, "long playing", "long play", "long playing record", "long playing vinyl record". All these answers were rejected.

Goodness knows what answer the guy who set this up is expecting?

I'm Nick.

Do you have a Shift key on your keyboard?!

The questions allow for multiple answers, but you might want to consider title-casing your answers.
    We’ve never had issues reported with these questions, and they need to be slightly hard to trip up bots who attempt to generate multiple registrations. If you still need further hints PM me or use the Contact Us link at the bottom right and I help.
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Ronald.

Sorry to hear of your issues... However did you not think of using capitals? Yes, the answers are case-sensitive!

Therefore, for example, if you'd tried 'CD player' instead, or 'Long Playing', you might've been successful... Remember the English you learned in school, lol? I blame Smartphones - no one bothers now with proper spelling or punctuation

Marco.
    "Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears. - John Lennon

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

I'm Ronald.

I did try capitals obviously in all combinations. The problem with these sorts of undefined fields is that where they only accept a particular combination of upper and lower case characters or words, if the constraints are not stated adjacent to the field, few will be able to use the required subjective combination without much good fortune. This is why most such firewalls now use a graphical selection approach, which avoids this problem.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol... The correct combination is simply how you would construct a sentence in English, using the words or letters in question. Therefore, if the subject was CD players, I'd write 'CD player', not 'cd player'; similarly if I were discussing CDs, I'd write 'CDs', not 'cds', or worse, 'cd's' - and so it follows with the answers to the security questions.

Simply use your <SHIFT> key in the appropriate manner. There's nothing 'mysterious' or difficult about that

Marco.
    "Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears. - John Lennon

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

I'm Nick.

This is the first complaint we've had about this, after more than 21,000 successful registrations, and countless successful password resets, so it would seem that the majority of attempts in answering the questions have been OK.
    But I'm sorry about the inconvenience it's caused. I appreciate you taking the time to bring it to our attention.
    Nick
    My system...

I'm Lawrence.

I call them Long Players, are they not called that?

I'm Grant.

Long Playing.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/ROON - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**Don't be such a big girl's blouse!**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

RIP Terry... "We use only the finest baby frogs, dew picked and flown from Iraq, cleansed in finest quality spring water, lightly killed, and then sealed in a succulent Swiss quintuple smooth treble cream milk chocolate envelope and lovingly frosted with glucose."

I'm Nick.

Both are acceptable.
    Nick
    My system...

I'm Lawrence.

Need to do this myself as I've lost my password and bought a new computer. It's really infuriating.

I tried long play, Long Play, long playing and Long Playing all of which were deemed incorrect.

+ Reply to Thread