+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greetings from Bergen, Norway

I'm Stig.

Default Greetings from Bergen, Norway

Hi, I'm Stig from the norwegian west coast. Rapidly approaching the big 50, music has been a passion of mine for as long as I can remember. It's getting to the point that it is difficult to state clearly what kind of music I like as it can go from Ella to Idles in a matter of minutes. To mention a few; Townes Van Zandt was a genius, The two Bobs; Marley/Dylan, the brilliant Swedes Daniel Nordgren, Hakan Hellstrom and Jens Lekman, Joni, Prince, my local heros the indie-avantgarde Fjorden Baby!, norwegian singer/songwriter Frida Aannevik, Jonathan Richman, Tool, Moonface/Wolf Parade, Sam Cooke, The Cure, Dianne Reeves, Angel Olsen, Nirvana..... ok I'll stop now....

I guess my audiophile career started in the mid 90s with a pair of Snell JIII speakers. My current system consists of a Wavelength cosecant dac, Conrad Johnson Premier Fourteen preamp, the Nuforce ref 9 v3 SE monoblocks and Avantgarde Uno speakers. All connected by various Transparent Audio Super cables. Most of these Items I've had for 6-10 years+. However, at the moment of writing this the whole system except the speakers is at the shop for repairs/upgrades and I'm listening to my music through a Nuforce Dac9 and an old Sonic Frontiers sfs-40. Not that I'm complaining as it still sounds great. The Sfs-40 is suprisingly good even after all these years.

My vinyl "set up" is currently in a weird state of overload and not functioning. I have an old Oralce Paris with a Rega 300 tonearm that I never, in 20 years, really have gotten to work to my satisfaction (the Paris has a SME armboard, not Rega) and I also have a cheap Pro-ject debut and two Lenco 75s that (hopefully) will be used as the basis of a self-built turntable. So 4 turntables and a Rega Fono MM, and none of them in use....

Hoping to get my vinyl stuff up an running soon, and interested to read and learn about different options in the weird world of vinyl.

Cheers,
    Stig

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Hi Stig,
    Welcome to AOS!
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Pete.

welcome to the forums stig

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Stig,

Nice introduction. Interesting system you have there.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Welcome Stig, hope you enjoy AoS!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread