+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OTL AMPS

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

But how many valves does it use in the output stage to get that figure, and how much useable power do you actualy get for all that heat!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    The TS Son Of Beast as an example has a quoted output impedance of 0.8 ohms.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Michael.

I‘m using the german made Eternal Arts OTL https://audioclassica.de/de/EternalArts-OTL-Mark-2.html into my QUAD ESL 57 QA https://www.quad-musik.de/index.php/...taten/esl57-qa and it‘s a match made in heaven. Lots of power and clarity!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    But how many valves does it use in the output stage to get that figure, and how much useable power do you actualy get for all that heat!
    4 per channel, and consumption is quoted as 0.7A, giving a quoted 15w/ch
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Paul.

Graaf have been making OTL amps for a few years so you may be able to pick one up for a sensible price.

Here's a review

https://www.stereophile.com/tubepowe...aaf/index.html
    Out here on the perimeter there are no stars
    Out here we is stoned, immaculate
    The WASP - The Doors

Is that .7A per channel, or total consumption, ie both channels ?
    4 per channel, and consumption is quoted as 0.7A, giving a quoted 15w/ch
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.

No worries, just found the info on them!
    A...
    Nikola Tesla

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Not efficient by any means, but they do sound good. I had a 4w Mini Beast that did deeper and better bass than any SS amp I’ve tried.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm loheswaran.

So as you are aware:

current amp LAvardin IT
    Speakers - Roksan Darius s11 (impedance drops to 4ohm) but actually easy to drive

I have a near field set-up - I need more load tolerance than I do outright power.

I have to say single ended is beguiling, but I've always found the bass a bit sloppy.

I like my IT but have had it now for 17 years - I did upgrade to V2 specs. I think it's time for a change - I am looking for a tad more warmth to come through

Indeed, also; i asume the over-all feedback must be quite high to acheive the output impedance figures quoted!
    Either way; there are no perfect amplifiers, speakers, source equipment etc, so what ever works for a paticular system, and personal taste, is what this hobby is all about.
    Not efficient by any means, but they do sound good. I had a 4w Mini Beast that did deeper and better bass than any SS amp I’ve tried.
    Nikola Tesla

I'm Justin.

Driving?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast