+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Putting together a good cheap system

I'm Steve.

Andre, if you come onto a hifi forum and tell everyone that you hate hifi because it's shite, responses are inevitable. What you doing Saturday? Me, I'm going to the Everton match to sing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Andre.

Well when people come trashing my Post what do you all expect. I gave my reasons why im doing what i am doing & its as simple as that. I lost faith in Hi-Fi years ago. People seem to think my many reasons why are bollox, my reasons are valid & true to experience & lots of wasted money.

Ironic really that in 1983 my first proper amp was a A&R Cambridge 'A60' yet my last amp in 2020 is an ARCAM 'Alpha' Should have just stuck with the company in the first place.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Well when people come trashing my Post what do you all expect. I gave my reasons why im doing what i am doing & its as simple as that. I lost faith in Hi-Fi years ago. People seem to think my many reasons why are bollox, my reasons are valid & true to experience & lots of wasted money.

Ironic really that in 1983 my first proper amp was a A&R Cambridge 'A60' yet my last amp in 2020 is an ARCAM 'Alpha' Should have just stuck with the company in the first place.
    I don't think your reasons are bollox at all, it's the way about 99% of the population thinks. Probably. But posting about it on here just seems a bit weird

Regarding your A&R Cambridge to Arcam journey: Returning to what you used to enjoy makes good sense to me I bet there a lot of people who inadvertently find themselves 'upgrading' in a downhill direction, losing a shitload of money in the process Happened to me once or twice, but I'm gonna continue until I'm skint or dead, whichever comes first.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm sorted.

A great little component I'd recommend would be the Cambridge 'One' - DAC / Tuner / CD player / Amp. I paid around £160 for a B grade stock item. I use it in the bedroom system into Q Acoustic Concept 20s.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    A great little component I'd recommend would be the Cambridge 'One' - DAC / Tuner / CD player / Amp. I paid around £160 for a B grade stock item. I use it in the bedroom system into Q Acoustic Concept 20s.

I do think those Concept 20s look smart. Do they sound as good as they look? Maybe it's time to upgrade to the 40s, and sell the 20s on here

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Andre.

I like those Q Acoustics as well a lot for a small outlay, Look great too.. shame other companies can't do the same.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I do think those Concept 20s look smart. Do they sound as good as they look? Maybe it's time to upgrade to the 40s, and sell the 20s on here
    I've not long got them Steve but they're certainly more than adequate in this set up.

I'm Andre.

Bought one of these for the TV but not got around to it yet. Got it for a song. Not sure its gonna be for me as the TV is suppose to sit on it but the small legs on our TV are at each end..

I'm sorted.

Could you put the telly on the wall?

I'm Andre.

Took it off the wall when i re did this place, Rather have it off tbh. Ill think er summert.. Bought it totally on a review after seeing it very cheap.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast