+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kitchen Audio Systems

I'm Grant.

kitchen for cooking
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm guy.

Kitchen: cooking, music, wine - creative juices flowing all over the place
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    Kitchen: cooking, music, wine - creative juices flowing all over the place
    That's the idea, dance with the music and your omelette being created to perfection

I'm Chris.

CHeating somewhat....my kitchen is at one end of a 35 foot split level open plan area. The Leak 3090s play nicely here.
    But I am reminded that I used to tell people that running my cafe was really an excuse to play my own (choice of) music all day!
    One of my ladies told me I was the only boss she knew who danced while working!

(If you look at the cafe photo, you can see a pair of Heathkit speakers on top of the fridges!!)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chris.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

A pair of Wharfedale DS2 powered speakers either side of my Smeg... Pure DAB radio plugged in to the aux socket for Radio duties (these days I’m an old git listening to Radio Suffolk in the morning for sensible reasons like travel news etc.) and then an old Samsung Mobile via Bluetooth for streaming - Spotify, Tidal, and connecting to Logitech Media Server to play my ripped files. Oh, and an Amazon Echo Show 5 for setting timers, viewing the security camera etc.

Biggest problem is the room - nothing soft in there at all so lots of reflections but it sounds pretty good, especially in the sweet spot stirring a curry!

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Ivo.

I use Naim UnitiQute 2 (HiRes files, FM, internet radio), Pioneer T-C3 cassette deck and Naim n-Sats speakers.

Pioneer:
    PLC-590, RT-909, 707, CT-F1250, 900, 750, 700, T-C3, P-D1, TX-7800,
    U-24, SR-303, SG-9800, SA-7800, SX-750, DT-400, HPM-100
    Nakamichi: DRAGON, BX300e, BX125, BX 1, CD4

I'm Neil.

Onkyo CR315 all in one, Sony micro tape deck, Proac Super Tablets.

Does the job and the Proacs look better on the counter top.
    Regards Neil

I'm Keith.

I have a Sonos One - it's fine. It's certainly not Hi-Fi, but for a bit of noise while you're cooking it's surprisingly pleasant. The built in Alexa is handy for setting timers too

I'm Andre.

Ivo
    thats so funny. They are components that some people could not afford to use in the main stereo..

I'm Steve.

Kitchen system is a bit of company for Mrs P while making me tea or washing up. A bit annoying though when she has it too loud and she can't hear me shouting for a cup of tea or to tell her there's someone knocking. Sometimes I have to get out of the chair to put in my request in person
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast