+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Volumio HELP

I'm Gwyn.

Default Volumio HELP

I'm running an Allo Digione Signature into a Denafrips Ares II dac and can't get Volumio configured.
    During setup whatever source I select Volumio requires a restart. Upon accepting restart the player hangs. If I remove power and restart using power up the player does not show up on the network. It requires a rewrite of the ad card to start from stage one again.
    I'm at a complete loss.

I am running MoOde player which setup easily but i would like to try Volumio to compare playback and interface.

Anyone who has used both I welcome your comments.

For anyone interested the above combo is sounding fabulous and punching way above it's price point.
    I said "I'M A LITTLE DEAF"

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by friendly View Post
    I'm running an Allo Digione Signature into a Denafrips Ares II dac and can't get Volumio configured.
    During setup whatever source I select Volumio requires a restart. Upon accepting restart the player hangs. If I remove power and restart using power up the player does not show up on the network. It requires a rewrite of the ad card to start from stage one again.
    I'm at a complete loss.

I am running MoOde player which setup easily but i would like to try Volumio to compare playback and interface.

Anyone who has used both I welcome your comments.

For anyone interested the above combo is sounding fabulous and punching way above it's price point.
    There are several of us on hear that use Volumio, on RPI with a variety of DAC/SPDIF cards.

What size is your micro card, if it is less than 8gb then forget it, buy 8gb one and download volumio onto it it and try again.

Did you follow the download and set up procedure exactly to get Volumio onto the memory card, you need to download the Volumio package and Etcher, install Ethcher onto you computer and then use it to Flash and install Volumio onto the memory card. then try it in your RPI and setting it up. see https://volumio.org/get-started/

Sorry if this is teaching you to suck eggs but sometimes its best to check and go back to the beginning. Hope this may help.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Keith.

I've not had any such issues with Volumio (I've used both HifiBerry Digi+ and Allo DigiOne with it (But not Signature).)- my initial instinct would be to suggest re-flashing your SD Card, but it sounds like you've tried that.
    I've actually settled on moOde myself after dabbling with Volumio and PiCorePlayer - I found Volumio to be a nice interface and quite customisable, but only really felt I was getting the most of it when I trialled the MyVolumio subscription... but somehow paying a subscription to make the most out of the Pi system seemed counter-intuitive. PiCorePlayer I found to be much more versatile and accommodating (without any need for a subscription) to do just about anything you can possibly think of - but it's more complicated and 'ugly' - although there are different 'skins' that make it look and feel more welcoming.
    I tried moOde and although it's comparatively locked-down, I found that I preferred how it behaved overall, so stuck with it.
    How does the Allo DigiOne Signature sound? I was tempted to buy one, but ThePiHut never seemed to get stock in, so I opted for the DigiOne standard in the end.

I'm Gwyn.

Thanks for the quick response guys. Yes Volumio is installed on a 16 gig card using Etcher. It must have installed ok as I go through the complete setup procedure and load my music library fine, it's only when I try to select an audio playback source that I hit the partial restart failure.

As to the sound of the signature, I think it's stunning, clarity and imaging are outstanding with the best depth to the image I've heard from a digital setup. I can't comment on how it sounds to the standard board as never heard one. I will say that having attended the Bristol show on the weekend, nothing stood out as a better streamer. The Denafrips dac is the star of the show and has transformed my digital playback.
    I said "I'M A LITTLE DEAF"

I'm Tony.

I'm using a digione signature into a DAC without any issues and sounds really good. I would try again with a new SD card...

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
    VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

I'm Richard.

I have both Volumio (just upgraded today I think) and Moode. I agree with the advice given so far...reflash using BaleenaEtcher on a new SD card.

I'm Grant.

Yup me too. Pic the type of hat first and restart then do other stuff if memory serves
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread