+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from the ribble valley

I'm Pete.

Default Greetings from the ribble valley

hi
    my names Pete and live on a farm in middle of nowhere in the ribble valley.(Always handy to have no neighbours when missus goes shopping and i can shake the dust in the room )
    Ive been a music fan and hi-fi nut since the age of 10. My first foray being an old dansette box record player which i had a friends dad put sockets for 2 speakers, even though it was mono .
    Along the way ive had a technics seperate system with wharfedale diamonds. Best system back in the days was pioneer a400, marrantz 63 signature, with a pair of celestion 9 speakers (still one of the finest pair of speakers i've heard).The likes of Audiolab, exposure, monitor audio, densen, beresford, have all spent time as my pride and joy. Due to recieving some inheritance and not having any commitments my system these days comprises:
    hugo2 dac (connected to my computer running roon software and tidal masters)
    Bryston 28b sst monos
    PMC PB1 speakers
    chord cabling throughout
    musical tastes are eclectic and open to most stuff just listening to snow ghosts at mo and quite liking it. Some artists to give you an idea would have to include bears den, faithless, dido, mike oldfield, yello, thomas dolby, air, royksopp, acdc, floyd, marillion, dave matthews band, rush, hybrid minds, to name but a few. Look forward to scouting the forums and always up for meeting like minded folk for a beer or 2 if im ever in the area.

I'm brian.

Hi Pete, your not the original Clitheror kid are you ?. Thats what I like inheritance money to spend on hi fi. Enjoy !

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Steve.

Hi Pete, welcome to AoS from another 'Red Rose County' member (there are a few of us). Maybe one day I'll get to hear your Bryston/PMC combo - heard some of their stuff before, and really liked it
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    Hi Pete, your not the original Clitheror kid are you ?. Thats what I like inheritance money to spend on hi fi. Enjoy !
    Inheritance money is what paid for my latest gear. My brother was concerned that I was spending my money daft, he bought himself 6 series BMW, which is now worth approximately bugger all As it turns out I did spend my money a bit daft - if I'd joined AoS first my inheritance would have gone a lot further. We live and learn.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Pete.

Always welcome to pop up for a listen Steve.

I'm Pete.

No not the Clitheroe kid Brian in fact originally a yorkshireman from keighley lol. With an unforntunate surname.

I'm Pete.

Think my daughter would start crying if she knew what i spent on the monos or what im still planning on spending

I'm Steve.

How have you gone on with the floods Pete? I know the Ribchester Arms, which we've dined at many times, and is probably not a million miles from you, is going to be shut for at least six months

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Pete.

we live on a hill so not been too bad but has been plenty floods in nearby area n struggled to get out at times. took daughter 3 hrs to nip into village for paper as had to go a long way round.Fields are a right mess though and sheep not liking it too much.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast