+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Greetings from the ribble valley

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I gave him it, daftee. Just a little something from my 'personal collection'

Marco.
    I always feel sad for those who are (or have been) less fortunate than me in life and love.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

He's now 'sporting' something more appropriate...

Marco.
    I always feel sad for those who are (or have been) less fortunate than me in life and love.

I'm David.

Near to you in Nelson is Wilkinsons Hifi where every Saturday afternoon a group of enthusiasts meet in the listening room. Many bring their own LPs or CDs and sometimes equipment. Often there is also a short talk given on various hifi topics by either Andy or David who are the 2 brothers who own the shop. Its the most friendly of places and tea, coffee biscuits and food are always offered. Just turn up at the counter and ask to join them; you will receive a warm welcome.
    Also a great place for both having repairs / servicing of equipment and the purchase of both new and second hand gear.
    For details just google their website.

I'm Steve.

That's useful to know, I see he can repair most makes of CD player. I'm going to contact him about my ailing Densen, then I can sell it to fund my phono stage wants. And I'll go on a Saturday Next month though, too busy for a while
    Pining for the fjords? What kind of talk is that? And why did he fall flat on his back the minute I got him home?

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon 2M Black. Phono: Yaqin MS-22B CD: Densen Beat B400 Plus; Headphone/pre: Myryad Z40; Amp: Audion Silver Night 300b stereo
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def. Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini-1, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    Panasonic 42" plasma, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

I'm Andre.

Quote Originally Posted by disco View Post
    Near to you in Nelson is Wilkinsons Hifi where every Saturday afternoon a group of enthusiasts meet in the listening room. Many bring their own LPs or CDs and sometimes equipment. Often there is also a short talk given on various hifi topics by either Andy or David who are the 2 brothers who own the shop. Its the most friendly of places and tea, coffee biscuits and food are always offered. Just turn up at the counter and ask to join them; you will receive a warm welcome.
    Also a great place for both having repairs / servicing of equipment and the purchase of both new and second hand gear.
    For details just google their website.
    You near Russ Andrews then Dave?

I'm Pete.

will have to check that out David.We lambing at mo so not getting many chances to get out anywhere will pop over in summer.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorps View Post
    will have to check that out David.We lambing at mo so not getting many chances to get out anywhere will pop over in summer.
    Lambing? So you have sheep? You should have kept that to yourself - Marco does enjoy a good sheep

This is shaping up to be the longest welcome thread in a long time, shows how well loved us northerners are
    Pining for the fjords? What kind of talk is that? And why did he fall flat on his back the minute I got him home?

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon 2M Black. Phono: Yaqin MS-22B CD: Densen Beat B400 Plus; Headphone/pre: Myryad Z40; Amp: Audion Silver Night 300b stereo
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def. Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini-1, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    Panasonic 42" plasma, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

I'm Grant.

may bro used to have some sheep.. he enjoyed lambing time, although he didnt have many.. welcome to aos pete..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/ROON - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**Don't be such a big girl's blouse!**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

RIP Terry... "We use only the finest baby frogs, dew picked and flown from Iraq, cleansed in finest quality spring water, lightly killed, and then sealed in a succulent Swiss quintuple smooth treble cream milk chocolate envelope and lovingly frosted with glucose."

I'm Pete.

Wish i only had a few lol will b lambing 75 in next 2 week then 2 week lull hopefully to sort out what lambed n get em outside. Then will have the remaining 350 or so to lamb over 3 or 4 week starting beginning of April.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123