+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SMSL SA300 - highly recommended!

I'm Andrew.

Default SMSL SA300 - highly recommended!

I've purchased one of these and have to say it's superb for the money.

I was after a simple digital setup that was reliant on bluetooth from phone and PC and this fits the bill perfectly, going well beyond what I expected.
    I'm blown away by the quality. The bluetooth is the latest version 5 and never skips a beat, it even works perfectly with 2 walls between my phone and the amp.
    Whether it's my own hi-res stuff on the hard drive through Foobar or streaming directly from Qobus the sound is amazing. Separation is good and piano, soaring jazz trumpet, breathy sax and Billy Holiday and Ella Fitzgerald's voices are all wonderful to listen to. I also love the silence between tracks.
    It comes with a remote.

The only negative is that there is no optical input. I bought a cheap TV DAC so I could run optical from tv to the DAC and rca to the amp. There is a micro usb socket but my tv only has usb in, not out. The sound from the TV doesn't compare to the bluetooth.

The amp sounds great through my Bronze BR2s {there is a sub woofer output but mine has just died so I haven't tried it yet} and easily beats the old sony av amp I had before.

If this has been posted in the wrong place, please let me know.

I'm Andre.

I bought the 'M100' DAC a bit back, i was shocked how tiny it was, Software would not work with it so sent it back..

+ Reply to Thread