+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from the Isle of Wight

I'm Ian.

Default Hello from the Isle of Wight

The wife bought me an Audio Technica LP60BT two years ago and it got me interested in vinyl again. It might not be the best start for a turntable, but I upgraded the cart and belt from LP Gear and that made a massive improvement to the sound quality. This Christmas I bought myself a Marantz PM6006UK amp and dug out from the workshop my old Wharfedale Chevin XP speakers. A little refurb of the cases and banana plug sockets fitted they sound great. I have also on a budget, bought a Marantz CD63 cd player and Marantz ST48 tuner. I'm happy with the sound and usually listen with headphones when the wife is indoors.

I'm Steve.

Welcome to the fray!
    I've family on the IOW so I kind of know it quite well. I've not been over in a few years though but from memory it is a wonderful and strange place. I'd imagine you'd have to hit the mainland if you fancied any crazy HiFi though.
    Steve

Never let anything cause you to doubt your ability to demonstrate the truth.

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by mogsman View Post
    The wife bought me an Audio Technica LP60BT two years ago and it got me interested in vinyl again. It might not be the best start for a turntable, but I upgraded the cart and belt from LP Gear and that made a massive improvement to the sound quality. This Christmas I bought myself a Marantz PM6006UK amp and dug out from the workshop my old Wharfedale Chevin XP speakers. A little refurb of the cases and banana plug sockets fitted they sound great. I have also on a budget, bought a Marantz CD63 cd player and Marantz ST48 tuner. I'm happy with the sound and usually listen with headphones when the wife is indoors.
    Good morning Ian, why the headphones while your wife is at home, does she really not like your music tastes? I have the same problem, Mrs P thinks I do it deliberately to annoy her. I can't be doing with headphones though, so we sort of take turns - she watches her telly crap while I go on here, then I play records while she sits there with a face like a dropped pie. Domestic harmony!

Welcome to the forum
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Ian,

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Welcome to AoS, hope you enjoy the forum.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I can't be doing with headphones though, so we sort of take turns - she watches her telly crap while I go on here, then I play records while she sits there with a face like a dropped pie. Domestic harmony!
    The beauty of seperate rooms although tbh she usually watching in bedroom.

I'm Leo.

I'm Paul.

Hi Ian, from another Caulkhead

I'm Steve.

Nice place. The Isle of Wight.

What's old David Icke up to these days?

He and I go way back.

+ Reply to Thread