+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ikea new Product

I'm Andre.

Default Ikea new Product

That looks perfect for a turntable and components will have to be fixed to the wall with wall bolts,

Im gonna go up and have a look at the quality, but it seems cheap enought & all metal.. Shame this range aint in black too.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/platsa-...hite-80452583/

I'm guy.

Says that it must be completed with LATTHET legs or feet - is the wall fixing just to stop it falling over?
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Andre.

Thats the aspect i was worried about, Is the box section thin & maybe crush when you fix wall Bolts.. You can wall fix them without below support tho it shows that..
    Apollo used to do something like that years ago & i think Target did too.

I'm Andre.

I'm Andre.

I'm guy.

Would need to have a look "in the flesh" - I think that you may be right about a thin box section. I have a Target wall shelf and that is pretty hefty.
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm guy.

Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Andre.

I was an early Sound Organisation lover. No visible welds on that stuff unlike Target..

I'm guy.

I know what you mean. I have a couple of the early SO tables, nicely made - only went to the wall shelf when we had our first child toddling about the place, she managed to knock one of my Ela speakers over on to my LP12
    No major damage to the speaker, new lid and set up for the LP12 - she was undamaged
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Andre.

Only down side with the Early SO was those welded Board mounts & ofc thin boards that were prone to bending..

+ Reply to Thread