+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Audiomods Series 5 bright??

I'm Steve.

Default Audiomods Series 5 bright??

I’ve had the above tonearm on my Thorens TD-2030 for a couple of months, after “upgrading” from an OL Onyx. loved it detail and clarity but after an hour I got bored listening to music!! Cartridge is a Benz Micro Glider SL. I tried the copper spacer, suggested by Audiomods, sounded slightly better but still got bored. I bought an OL Encounter MkII, everything fell back into place and music is far from boring, bags of detail but still that bit of warmth that makes vinyl so special. I was very disappointed because the AMods arms look so good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm phil.

I also use the OL encounter think it’s a great arm, really musical with the detail as well , not heard the audio mods myself but read good reports, and yes they look great.
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

I'm Mike.

Get it upgraded to the series 6 it's well worth the investment

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Steve.

I’ve now put the Series 5 on a Consonance Wax Engine after a bit of “fettling” with an upgraded DL-103 and it sounds great, smoother and not a brittleness to it like before. Not sure about the Series 6, I’ve got a pal in Bournemouth, the 6 lasted 2 days!! He’s gone back to his modded RB300.

I'm Steve.

A quick pick of the 5 on the Wax Engine.

I'm Steve.

Moodybuilder. I didn’t think there could be much of an improvement over the Onyx, which to me was better than both of the Audiomods I owned. Now I don’t think the Encounter can be bettered, compared to the Audiomods it looks simple, but it packs some weight behind the music and moves everything up a notch, great arm.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveH1960 View Post
    I’ve now put the Series 5 on a Consonance Wax Engine after a bit of “fettling” with an upgraded DL-103 and it sounds great, smoother and not a brittleness to it like before. Not sure about the Series 6, I’ve got a pal in Bournemouth, the 6 lasted 2 days!! He’s gone back to his modded RB300.

The Series 6 doesn't add any colouration like the Rega arm tube does, like all arms though it likes some cartridges better than others, to my ears it sounds very nice indeed. We are all different at the end of the day and what I like you can guarantee someone else won't, otherwise we would all have the same gear.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

+ Reply to Thread