+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Exposure IV Mk2 dual mono power amp.

I'm Richard.

Default Exposure IV Mk2 dual mono power amp.

This is the Exposure IV from the '80s, dual mono unregulated. It came to me with rust on the outside of the case, so it was rubbed down and resprayed with textured black. Of course the lettering didn't survive, so I used some funky lettering I already had, as the original style appears to be unobtainable. Internally it's in perfect condition; I haven't had to touch it. There is some pitting on the back panel, but I didn't think it was worth disturbing it to respray. However I did replace the RCA sockets and speaker binding posts with something a bit better than the originals.
    I have too many amps, altough I was considering using this for subwoofer duty, but selling it and buying a dedicated plate amp with crossover and phase control seems a better idea.
    It works perfectly, but I don't need it, so it has to go.
    Apparently these are considered an alternative to Naim power amps, even an improvement, but I have never been down that road.
    It weighs around 20kg, so although I can post it, pick up would be preferred. I would have to double box it for safety of course.
    I am in Plymouth, which doesn't help, of course! But audition is welcomed, if only on my Heybrook HB3s, or if not too far I could bring it over.
    Not certain of the value of these, although apparently they were going for £400 plus about 10 years ago!
    So I will pitch it at £400, delivered. Or I might consider a swap/PX for a good plate amp.

BTW, I am probably going to Kegworth.
    Last edited by awkwardbydesign; 21-02-2020 at 10:36.
    ABD.

I'm Laurie.

Have a Rel Stentor , big bugger. You are welcome to the amp and bits, I boxed up separately as easier to move.
    Works fine, you can have whole thing if want, it’s just clutter to me. Big black heavy, huge driver.
    Live near Bournemouth. Just a thought.

I'm Rob.

HI Laurie, If Richard isn't interested in the Stentor I would take it off your hands.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Richard.

Hi Laurie, yes please, that might suit me very well. Let me know what the postage would cost and I'll send it over.
    ABD.

I'm Richard.

Laurie, are you going to the Wam show at Kegworth? I probably am, which would make it easier than posting.
    ABD.

I'm Richard.

Or make me an offer.
    ABD.

I'm Richard.

Price drop to £350.
    ABD.

I'm Richard.

SOLD.
    ABD.

+ Reply to Thread