+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Little buggers

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    I love spiders, we have mutual interests.
    What, eating flies? Be sure to cook them thoroughly, they carry all kinds of diseases
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    That is who did the videos I posted earlier in the thread.
    I think he has an almost limitless supply of mice to bop off. I liked the rotating pole models.
    Dave

I'm Paul.

I live in an old Edwardian house and at night you can hear them running about in the loft, it actuslly sounds like they are wearing hobnail boots and playing football they make so much noise, at one point it sounded like they were rolling steel balls about. So far I have tried just about every type of poison available, from grains of wheat, paste and blocks and they don't touch any of them, even the ultrasonic ones have no effect.

Been trying to block all access holes, found fine wire wool to be quite effective at that, but its a big loft so dont seem to be able to find all the holes.

The little buggers even got into my bait store and demolished about 20 kilos of bait in a few months, they are either enormous or is that Enor-Mouse or there are thousands of them.

Might have to get some professional help in soon.

Paul
    Current setup Thorens TD-160 Mk1 with Denon DL-110 MC Cartridge, Pioneer PD-8700 CD Player, Yamaha AX-592 Amp, Yamaha CDX-810 CD Player, Yamaha KX-480 Cassette Deck, Yamaha TX-492RDS Tuner, Monitor Audio Bronze 5 speakers, Van-Damme Cables throughout.

I'm Chris.

Hi Paul
    I can proudly say I have ,completely defeated mice and rats from entering my residence.

Some suggestions for you - the first step is to carefully observe where and how
    they are entering. If for instance they are in the roof already - how did they get there ?
    A dog is your best friend as a dog will tell you emphatically where they are.

So to defeat them, set traps for the ones that are there already then arrange your sleep time for a few days
    from 5pm until 2 am. At 2am - 4.45am is when they are most active - see if you can see them - and gain
    knowledge of where they are with your dog assisting, to show you where they are gaining access.

Then during daylight hours , do you utmost to block those holes off. You need to look outside as well. The really serious players are
    rats who will do everything they can to enter a property including chewing through internal wood structures
    - but they too can be defeated once you find the clever ways they are getting in.

Eventually you will only hear them trying to get inside from outside, - at that point you need to continue blocking their access
    by looking very carefully at any way they can get in. Yes steel wool and blocks of wood can help to block holes

So we can appreciate the problem see if you can do a recording we can hear.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul-H View Post
    I live in an old Edwardian house and at night you can hear them running about in the loft, it actuslly sounds like they are wearing hobnail boots and playing football they make so much noise, at one point it sounded like they were rolling steel balls about. So far I have tried just about every type of poison available, from grains of wheat, paste and blocks and they don't touch any of them, even the ultrasonic ones have no effect.

Been trying to block all access holes, found fine wire wool to be quite effective at that, but its a big loft so dont seem to be able to find all the holes.

The little buggers even got into my bait store and demolished about 20 kilos of bait in a few months, they are either enormous or is that Enor-Mouse or there are thousands of them.

Paul
    Might be Rats. We had a Rat (or more) a few years ago and the Man from Rentokil said that they are very clever when it comes to the poisoned bait and will nibble a bit to see if they feel ill and if they do, they won't touch it again. They do make a lot of noise. Where Mice patter around the Rats stomp.

I'm Grant.

ive birds in loft.. they wade about up there too. i can hear them. thrushes mostly. you cant see any holes but there must be at least one
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

May even be squirrels
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul-H View Post

I'm surprised you haven't screamed for help earlier. 20kgs of bait is a lot to feed the critters on. Wow!

I had a packet left in the garage once, didn't use it, but something or things found it, ate nearly all of it, then went and died against the heating pipes somewhere between floors. Very unpleaant - though the smell does go eventually.
    Dave

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    I'm surprised you haven't screamed for help earlier. 20kgs of bait is a lot to feed the critters on. Wow!

I had a packet left in the garage once, didn't use it, but something or things found it, ate nearly all of it, then went and died against the heating pipes somewhere between floors. Very unpleaant - though the smell does go eventually.
    The smell is very unpleasant but that attracts flies and bluebottles, who lay eggs and then you have a plague of flies and bluebottles..

I'm Dominic.

I have a rat in the house at the moment and it is driving me demented. Bastid thing is chewing holes in the chipboard floors and through the wood on the walls. The washing machine is out in the conservatory with the pipes going through into the kitchen and the bugger chewed through the water inlet pipe so water was pouring out, but thankfully it was only moments before I found it to turn the water off, unlike the last rat which chewed through two pipes at around 2.00am last year and both times there was at least 3 inches of freezing cold water to contend with in the middle of the night.

Put a new inlet pipe in and a split sleeve over it to help prevent a repeat but the bugger was trying to squeeze past it the other morning and got stuck in the hole. At 5.00am when I get up I'm not truly alert yet so rather than grab it with my bare hands and risk getting bitten, I grabbed a kitchen knife and tried to stab it. Being a carving knife with a curved tip it was deflected upwards across it's fur and actually released it from the hole.

Last year I bought 2 large traps with spring doors held open by a piece of bent wire which holds the bait. It caught a mouse and number one rat which I drowned in a water butt, but this current bugger is doing a wonderful job of staying well away from it for the past 2 nights.
    CD player = Marantz CD6006
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201
    Speaks = Quadral Chromium Style 6

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast