+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: My Garrard 301 journey... almost there.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by farflungstar View Post
    Wait a minute.. I have no idea which company Big Bird is using and am not saying its the same one. That happened to me 2 years ago and to be fair wouldn't stop me from employing someone to do the work again if needed. There are many reasons why things can go tits up, 99% non criminal. I made the choice not to string things out any longer as it was a vanity project. Again, please don't confuse my experience with the OP's - as far as I'm aware there is no connection.

Big Bird needed a place to vent, understandably.

Adey

Sent from my Aquaris X Pro using Tapatalk
    As you wrote it, it seemed to point to woodsong?
    Regards Neil

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    As you wrote it, it seemed to point to woodsong?
    Yes, reading it back I didn't make it explicitly clear and should have. Apologies. I can categorically say it wasn't the company in question.

Adey

Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by farflungstar View Post
    Yes, reading it back I didn't make it explicitly clear and should have. Apologies. I can categorically say it wasn't the company in question.

Adey

I have edited my previous comment to take this new info into account.
    Regards Neil

I'm Karl.

Ive spoken to chris who has apologised and says he’s over run with work. He’s offered me a full refund but who else would I get to build me a plinth of that quality in the next 2 months? There won’t be many

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird View Post
    Ive spoken to chris who has apologised and says he’s over run with work. He’s offered me a full refund but who else would I get to build me a plinth of that quality in the next 2 months? There won’t be many

If your adamant of changing.
    Bob C or Russ Collinson
    But within 8 weeks ... hmmm
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Mike.

I think that the type of plinth you are after takes time and skill.
    Those with the skills to make these are in demand and have waiting lists for the work.
    I think it is one of those instances where you are just going to have to be patient...

The only other option I can see would be to borrow or buy something as a stop gap.
    StSt Motus DQ + SME 312 'MB Special'
    Transfix Axia / HM7
    Art Audio Vinyl 1 Ref
    Modified Mac Mini/Weiss DAC 202
    SJS Model 2
    BP P20 (SJS upgraded)
    Trenner and Friedl RA
    [/SIZE]

I'm Karl.

Thanks I have messaged bob but no reply yet and Russ built my last one but I couldn’t get hold of him around the time I ordered the Plinth so I went with Woodsong.

As you say they are both probably very busy so I doubt they could make one before the Woodsong completion anyway.

CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Adams View Post
    I think that the type of plinth you are after takes time and skill.
    Those with the skills to make these are in demand and have waiting lists for the work.
    I think it is one of those instances where you are just going to have to be patient...

The only other option I can see would be to borrow or buy something as a stop gap.
    Yeah I appreciate that , but I’ve been on the waiting list for months now . I wouldn’t have minded if he’d said 6 months from the get go as I could have held on to my LP12 longer but now I’m stuck without a TT as I was told January as a finish date.

I'm Andre.

The rear section of those plinths kinda worries me for some reason!

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    The rear section of those plinths kinda worries me for some reason!
    Which part? The articulating armboards?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast