+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: My Garrard 301 journey... almost there.

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by Opti-cal View Post
    Now you'll have to change your avatar Karl . . .

Congratulations on a lovely deck and hopefully a result you're after. Love the classic design and chunky controls.

Mad/brave, whatever but it takes guts to start over like that so fair play mate.

I don't doubt it will best the LP12, (in most ways) that arm is superb looking although I haven't heard one but they have an excellent rep and a real look of quality.
    Christ, I will have to set aside a full evening to write a new avatar with all the changes going on over here. Thanks though mate.

Yeah it took a bit of bottle to go in blind but what’s the worse that can happen? I’m not blown away(highly unlikely) , and all this stuff I’ve bought is top gear so it sells itself pretty quickly if I wanted to try something else . I’m pretty confident this one will be around for a few years though . Ive gone all out and tried to make it end game spec

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    With that Reed arm and a cartridge to compliment, it will certainly show the LP 12 with a Nima, a very clean pair of heels indeed...in every way !
    I’m going to keep my Art 9 on it until it needs replacing as it’s an incredible cart. Well underpriced in my opinion. This way I will be able to tell just how big or subtle the improvements are as Ive had that cart for almost a year now and no it well. When she dies I will move up the ladder . I think the Reed will definitely get more out of its performance

CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Absolutely gorgeous , I hope it sounds half as good as it looks Karl . Enjoy
    Thanks mate

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Karl, it looks stunning, will be lovely to see it all set up and finished, very interested to hear what the listening experience is, I am sure it will be great.
    Cheers mate . As soon as it’s up and running I will add my thoughts. I have a feeling it will be pretty special

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by graham67 View Post
    Wow, that looks amazing. Great job
    Cheers

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    The Track Audio feet are excellent.
    I can tell that they will be top , top quality. They weigh a bloody ton and a great design and they look bloody lovely too

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Is that some kind of foam lining?
    No I don’t think so. from what I can gather the plinth is made from a combination of layers of man made slate, Baltic birch and a special bentonite and polyester resin for optimal damping. The internal is then coated in an acrylic which gives it that textured look and the outer veneered.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Another vote for the LDA supply, it's a great bit of kit.

The TT looks great, and with that arm should sounds fabulous. I have a NOS 401 in storage that I must sort out sometime- have a Sumiko The Arm to put on it, should be a decent sounding combo.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Mike.

That looks fabulous and will undoubtedly trounce your LP12.

I went from an LP12 to a modded Lenco, then to a 401, then to an SP-10 MkII, then finally (?) to a G99, which is where I'm sticking. The idlers came out top every time I haven't owned a 301 but the 401's bass and emotional connection to the music were jaw dropping, I'm sure you'll be well pleased with it.

Great work !
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm Adrian.

The Reed is superb - enjoy.

Sent from my Aquaris X Pro using Tapatalk
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage