+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My Garrard 301 journey... almost there.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird View Post
    Yes Sien told me he had sold a few more via lenco. I wound him up about using my copyright .ha! No skin off my nose mate hope it works well for you ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I told Sien (he asked me) that I cannot hear any difference with it or without it but I will admit to buying it more for aesthetics as I love the look - yeah I know... Mine is due a polish too. I did get stung a week or two back with customs charges though

I'm Chris.

Now you'll have to change your avatar Karl . . .

Congratulations on a lovely deck and hopefully a result you're after. Love the classic design and chunky controls.

Mad/brave, whatever but it takes guts to start over like that so fair play mate.

I don't doubt it will best the LP12, (in most ways) that arm is superb looking although I haven't heard one but they have an excellent rep and a real look of quality.
    System 1: - Amp - Musical Paradise MP-701 mk2 - Neurochrome 686
    - Source: Audio Technica LP-5 - Custom 6V6 stage - Novafidelity X30 - Soekris 1421 (LPSU) - Custom TDA1541 C3G DAC -
    - Speakers: Martin Logan Prodigy's - Subs: - REL T3's -

System 2 - Amp: Musical Paradise MP 303/Custom 300B SET - Custom 6SL7 Pre -
    - Source: Pioneer N-30K - SONCOZ SGD1 -
    - Speakers: Loth X BS1's - Sub: REL T3 -

I'm Brian.

Absolutely gorgeous , I hope it sounds half as good as it looks Karl . Enjoy
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Adrian.

Karl, it looks stunning, will be lovely to see it all set up and finished, very interested to hear what the listening experience is, I am sure it will be great.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Opti-cal View Post

I don't doubt it will best the LP12, (in most ways)
    With that Reed arm and a cartridge to compliment, it will certainly show the LP 12 with a Nima, a very clean pair of heels indeed...in every way !
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Graham.

Wow, that looks amazing. Great job 😃

I'm Neil.

The Track Audio feet are excellent.
    Regards Neil

I'm Andre.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird View Post
    Is that some kind of foam lining?

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty38 View Post
    I told Sien (he asked me) that I cannot hear any difference with it or without it but I will admit to buying it more for aesthetics as I love the look - yeah I know... Mine is due a polish too. I did get stung a week or two back with customs charges though
    That fair enough mate. I designed mine to help tackle warps rather than the sonics but If it will definitely look the business perched on the new rig.

Its a bugger getting hit with customs but sometimes it still works out cheaper to buy abroad, even with the tax on top . A clamp like this in brass was well upwards of £150, Sien made me one for half of that.

CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    You shouldn't have notable noise with a well serviced unit.

I certainly wouldn't listen to anyone casting doubt on switching from the Linn Sondek LP12 to a well serviced Idler drive TT, I personally have never looked back. The simple connection you get with your music from a good idler, for me, far far out weighs what the LP12 offers, even a pimped one. I know, I had one and sunk a lot of money into the Linn upgrade path!

I'd go for an external 3rd party PSU for the Garrad.
    The LongDog Audio Re-Generator Quartz Locked Speed/Power Supply is a very worth wile investment.

Your Reed is a lovely arm too.. well done!
    I recently heard the very top of the tree limited edition version of the Reed 5T tonearm at Unique Audio, both visually and sonically very impressive!

Enjoy!
    Yeah that’s probably what I will go for. The mark2 version. They seem to be the ones that everybody recommends. I do like the look of the Hanze hifi HAT power supply as its fully analogue , but its double the price of the LDA and that extra dough would pay for my Audiomods arm , plus it likely won’t be twice as good as the Longdog supply either

CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast