+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Garrard 301 journey... almost there.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Karl.

Default My Garrard 301 journey... almost there.

So with the plinth only a couple of weeks away now I thought I’d better put together a new rack that can fit all of my equipment on as my current Atacama one is a shelf short for my box count so the preamp is stacked on top of the CD player ,which is not ideal.

Whilst contemplating how to go about it all I was lucky enough to walk into a charity shop and find a hardwood table , built in the good old days so rock solid and sturdy. This meant that I didn’t have to build my own . Result! All I have done is fill and sand it, paint it white, add some support struts in the middle of the shelves to take the weight of the panzer plinth without bowing , and I made individual isolation platforms for each piece . I’m just waiting on the isolation spikes to arrive for the bottom of the rack and all of the little platforms . I have also made a larger 500x400 hardwood platform for the plinth to sit on in the middle.

Not too bad so far and it gives an idea of how it will look once I’ve installed all of the spikes. Grand total of $180 Australian /about £90 for everything and a Saturday of my isolation time which kept me well entertained . Ive saved myself a small fortune as something like this would be eye-wateringly expensive from a retail store.

Cheers

Karl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bigbird; 31-03-2020 at 08:04.
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

+ Reply to Thread