+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: My Garrard 301 journey... almost there.

I'm Andre.

I understand that but April is a long way away, Someone else could make one before that im sure.

I'm Karl.

Yeah it’s difficult to navigate as I still want that particular style plinth and his work is top drawer , my deposit I have paid is a lot more than 200 aswell. Its All through PayPal so I have cover . I don’t suspect any foul play, he’s obviously just incredibly busy. As you say he should probably get some help in instead of upsetting paying customers that are putting a LOT of money into these new plinths.

I was told on November 1st that he had around a dozen to get through and mine would be finished end of January. Maybe he’s taken on some more lucrative work and pushed mine aside for the time being? Now he’s having his holiday at end of March and mine won’t be done before that.

I don’t want to annoy him as he was already not happy about making this style plinth as it’s ‘very difficult to make’ and its now indefinitely on hold, but why advertise it on the new website so if you don’t want to make it anymore?

I’m going to have to think of a firm but fair way of approaching it in an email . He already has the plinth peices cut and veneer sliced so got me by the balls really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Brian.

Sounds like it will be worth waiting for Karl . Can't tell you how many times I've rushed things through and regretted it later . It's not that far away
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Adam.

Artisan bespoke products made by small companies often give completion dates that need to be taken with a huge pinch of salt.
    Many Hifi folk i know have waited months passed quoted delivery dates for orders on all sorts of products.
    Patience is called for, frustrating but as said worth the wait.

At least he is communicating, thats when it gets really annoying

I think it's a given the Independent Hifi suppliers do things at their own speed....
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Karl.

Yeah I know it will be worth the wait, it’s an end game product . Its just annoying that I’ve sold my other bits to coincide with his initial timeline so I’ve been without a TT for a while now which is SUPER FRUSTRATING .

Ive emailed him to try and be a bit more concrete and give a bit more clarity so that it’s not getting pushed back every two/three weeks. He is really responsive and very nice and informative so I have no worries. More me getting impatient as I have no TT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Neil.

There are tales of woe all over this forum, in many areas its been because sole supplier/artisan audio people vanished with peoples money and those customers never seeing the item. Drink problems, depression, illness, sudden death the causes, to name a few. In the main its people who have no clue how to run a business or manage it properly.
    Regards Neil

I'm Martin.

I have ordered a Radford STA-25. I was informed of the timescale involved and also that I pay nothing until it's delivered. All the excitement of looking forward to something and none of the anguish... Perfect!

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    There are tales of woe all over this forum, in many areas its been because sole supplier/artisan audio people vanished with peoples money and those customers never seeing the item. Drink problems, depression, illness, sudden death the causes, to name a few. In the main its people who have no clue how to run a business or manage it properly.
    not the case here though!
    just a delay, with good communication....
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    not the case here though!
    just a delay, with good communication....
    I would lean to this.... 'In the main its people who have no clue how to run a business or manage it properly.' There are ways to make sure no one is facing those sorts of delays and that is to manage the orders more effectively.
    Last edited by Spectral Morn; 24-02-2020 at 16:39. Reason: False info redacted
    Regards Neil

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    I would lean to this.... 'In the main its people who have no clue how to run a business or manage it properly.' There are ways to make sure no one is facing those sorts of delays and that is to manage the orders more effectively. One respondent above lost money so I am more inclined to be less magnanimous, regarding this company. Being out £200 and having no items is simply not on.

I had considered this company, but not now.
    Wait a minute.. I have no idea which company Big Bird is using and am not saying its the same one. That happened to me 2 years ago and to be fair wouldn't stop me from employing someone to do the work again if needed. There are many reasons why things can go tits up, 99% non criminal. I made the choice not to string things out any longer as it was a vanity project. Again, please don't confuse my experience with the OP's - as far as I'm aware there is no connection.

Big Bird needed a place to vent, understandably.

Adey

Sent from my Aquaris X Pro using Tapatalk
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers