+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: My Garrard 301 journey... almost there.

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    You just have to make sure the threaded stud is not in contact as i only see the two flat surfaces have isolation.
    Yes with a little rubber sleeve over the thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Karl.

Default My Garrard 301 journey... almost there.

Ok guys, so I have made my decision on a power supply. After some discussion with Jaap at Hanze I took the plunge on a Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 regenerator. Jaap is very knowledgeable when it comes to all things idler so I put my faith in them for a fully frequency and voltage adjustable power supply in order to tweak the best from the TT. Jaap has recommended I remove the brake magnet fully out of the way or even better the whole eddy disc to minimise vibrations and get the motor running silently.
    It was a touch more expensive than the LDA ,Nigels,CTC etc so I asked why. Here’s what he said

“I have seen and measured some of them we only use the best expensive parts ,no cheap digital oscillator or XR2206 ic all converting a square signal to sinus.
    It Can drive about 90 VA motor continuous without getting warm .
    Our version is clean and stable but I know there is a price difference you must decide for yourself.
    Picture is from the variable speed unit, standard version without it. With our powersupply you can lower the output voltage on the front panel with the knob torque ,
    De oscillator is analog most important for a very clean and stable output signal with very low distorsion .
    The driver stage is with a 180 watt class d amp who drives the transformer better then a discrete poweramp with lower distorsion “.

Personally I much prefer the looks of this one aswell too. Really love that vintage analogue vibe. And he also assured me that on Garrard and lenco the improvement is quite dramatic so I look forward to adding this to the new rig.

Last edited by Bigbird; 03-03-2020 at 18:54.
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Andrew.

Nice to see a proper 301 project, cost no object, excellent!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Nice to see a proper 301 project, cost no object, excellent!
    Thanks Andrew, I wish the cost was no object haha! It’s taken me 7-8 months to put this together when I can afford it, but I’m being patient and making it the best I can so it will be end game quality. Ive tried to cover all bases . How’s your project coming along?

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird View Post
    Thanks Andrew, I wish the cost was no object haha! It’s taken me 7-8 months to put this together when I can afford it, but I’m being patient and making it the best I can so it will be end game quality. Ive tried to cover all bases . How’s your project coming along?

You've done the right thing in taking your time. I think you'll appreciate your hard work and you can sit back knowing that you'll probably not need to do anything to your 301 EVER again!!!! Karl, which project are your asking about?
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    You've done the right thing in taking your time. I think you'll appreciate your hard work and you can sit back knowing that you'll probably not need to do anything to your 301 EVER again!!!! Karl, which project are your asking about?
    That’s the plan matey! I think your was the 401/sme combo. You were waiting on a lead last time I checked in?

I'm Karl.

Default My Garrard 301 journey... almost there.

So with the plinth only a couple of weeks away now I thought I’d better put together a new rack that can fit all of my equipment on as my current Atacama one is a shelf short for my box count so the preamp is stacked on top of the CD player ,which is not ideal.

Whilst contemplating how to go about it all I was lucky enough to walk into a charity shop and find a hardwood table , built in the good old days so rock solid and sturdy. This meant that I didn’t have to build my own . Result! All I have done is fill and sand it, paint it white, add some support struts in the middle of the shelves to take the weight of the panzer plinth without bowing , and I made individual isolation platforms for each piece . I’m just waiting on the isolation spikes to arrive for the bottom of the rack and all of the little platforms . I have also made a larger 500x400 hardwood platform for the plinth to sit on in the middle.

Not too bad so far and it gives an idea of how it will look once I’ve installed all of the spikes. Grand total of $180 Australian /about £90 for everything and a Saturday of my isolation time which kept me well entertained . Ive saved myself a small fortune as something like this would be eye-wateringly expensive from a retail store.

Cheers

Karl

Last edited by Bigbird; 31-03-2020 at 08:04.

I'm Pete.

Looks really good that Karl. Looking forward to seeing it all setup.

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorps View Post
    Looks really good that Karl. Looking forward to seeing it all setup.
    Thanks buddy. So am I. Feels like a lifetime ago since I started this project.

I'm Timothy.

Looking good, Karl. Will be nice to see all of your gear sitting on it! Well done! Hope all is well with you down under!
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast