Hi all,

Having fun resurrecting my system and breathing new life into my old speakers. I'm probably
showing my age but a VERY long time ago I bought an amazing pair of Tandy Optimus Pro LX-5
speakers and I thought all hope was lost when the foam surrounds just disintegrated making them
unusable. Then I found out about a drop-in replacement driver by a company called HIVI, so I ordered a
pair of their 4 inch kevlar drivers and sweet bejesus they sound better than the originals.

My current system is as follows...

Pioneer PD-8700 (purely as transport fed to the SMSL SU-8 DAC via optical)
Pioneer DV-575A (for SACD / DVD-A playback via the stereo phono output into the SMSL DA-8s amp)
An Android ZMQC X96Air set-top-box running KODI with an external hard drive with my flacs and DSD files on it feeding
the SMSL SU-8 via USB.

SMSL SU-8 DAC feeding the amp via XLR cables.

SMSL DA-8s amplifier.

Tandy Optimus LX-5 speakers.

Cambridge Audio Minx X201 subwoofer. Since the amp doesn't have a phono out I had to get "creative", I used
a Vibe Delta line level to phono box normally used in car audio.

Cables are a mixture of affordable copper. NoBull XLR cables, QED Graphite phono cable, MutecPower speaker cable
and I think a QED optical cable.

A NOBSOUND power filter, cheap but effective.

Speaker stands and subwoofer are sitting on 400mm square concrete slabs about an inch thick, which have a
20mm thick granulated rubber mat on top to dampen any vibration from the stands and the slabs sit on 4 tennis
balls to isolate from the floor.

I am in the process of building an equipment "rack" and am experimenting with materials.

Music tastes.... Everything from 6th century "Chant" to Billie Eilish, all music is food for the soul.