+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are you a [b]ass man, mid man, or a t[w]eets man?

See, I just don't do subtlety well. I think I'll stick with the potty humor.
    Randy.

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by sluggish View Post
    See, I just don't do subtlety well. I think I'll stick with the potty humor.
    ok....I guess when I'm scanning posts quickly I can miss the true meaning. Either way 6" is way to small.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by sluggish View Post
    I don't know about shifting large quantities of air, but control is the key to attaining meaningful results in tight spaces. Really, even 6" is enough, and and going beyond 8" would require a bigger box than I'm interested in.
    Plus, you most likely wouldn't be able to fit it all in, so what would be the point in going that big, right?
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm drunk.

Due to my musical preferences, I do on occaison like a bit of bass. However I absolutely detest any kind of bass that goes "boom, boom, boom" like so many cheap car stereos that one hears when walking up the high street.

Bass needs to be articulate, dynamic and very tight.
    Often it isnt noticed or heard at all, until that moment where the lower registers take control are felt in your rib cage.

So going back to the original analogy, more Keira Knightly than J-lo

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno Commander View Post
    until that moment where the lower registers take control are felt in your rib cage.

So going back to the original analogy, more Keira Knightly than J-lo
    You'd have more chance of feeling Keira's rib cage than J-lo's, that's for sure.

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by magiccarpetride View Post
    Plus, you most likely wouldn't be able to fit it all in, so what would be the point in going that big, right?
    Depends whether you're talking about midgets or not.

MartinT Guest

Silly question really as the full appreciation of music requires the whole frequency spectrum. However, a system that does not do midrange transparency and proper voicing gets short shrift from me.

You must just a bigger man than I am, Clive. I guess that's why my wife keeps saying she's only an inch away from being a lesbian.
    Randy.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Silly question really as the full appreciation of music requires the whole frequency spectrum.
    You didn't understand the question, Sir. Even when the whole frequency spectrum is present, different audio systems tend to favor different areas of that spectrum: some emphasize the bass, some emphasize the highs, etc. My question was: if you had to choose, which would it be?
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

MartinT Guest

It doesn't really emphasise anything, but the midrange is truly magical.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123