+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meridian M1 active speakers and 208 CDP/Pre

I'm Kevin.

Andre, doing a bit of research it seems it's the preamp section of the CD208 that's controlling the M1's. There must also be a phono module included given the Mitchell deck was connected. There's a separate remote control 'slab'. Apparently the 208 was £1,490 back in 1990 (without the phono module)!

Patrick, thanks. I'm going to have to pop back to Beryl's plug it all in and have a proper listen. I know you mean though. I've 3 pairs already and amps and tt's to go with them all!!

Thanks again guys.

I'm Andre.

Its the turntable that knocked me off. I dont know that CD/Pre. I was never interested in Meridian after the Zebra Modular amp came out..

I'm george.

I've had about 6 sets of m1's over the years.
    They are great speakers if in good condition.
    I've seen them go from £500 to £1200 depending on condition colour, version etc.
    They were continually improved over production.
    Are they black or one of the wood finishes, I had a yew pair which looked stunning.
    Share a picture without the grilles and I can help figure out which version they are.

I'm Andre.

George. Was the Active Crossover basically the Meridian '105' power amp with X Over?

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Looking on HiFiShark, two sets of Meridian M1s went for about £1,000 a pair. Considering they are active speakers, I would have thought £750 to be reasonable.
    Me too

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12