+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Harbeth Speakers

I'm Shane.

Default Harbeth Speakers

Borrowed a set of P3ESR's a couple years back. The sound was indeed lovely, and can comfortably listen for long periods. I honestly don't care much for high resolution and extra transparency.

Possibly thinking about buying a larger Harebth Speaker in the future, and calling it endgame. So pretty much, a speaker for life until I die.

Which of the larger Harbeth Speakers, that carries the same smooth non fatiguing sound?

Not sure I'd want the SHL5 Plus from what I've read.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Andre.

Id buy 'P3ESR' if i had money to burn, really nice speakers. The Black finish looks the best to me tho..

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Id buy 'P3ESR' if i had money to burn, really nice speakers. The Black finish looks the best to me tho..
    Have you heard them, Andre?

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Andre.

Yes i live on the next road to Andy i used to work with, He uses a Naim 'Nait 2' with em believe it or not..

I'm John.

This guy has a good comparison of the different models on his website including videos, albeit in the context of his system, i.e. which ones go best with his Yamaha amp and CD player.

https://audionostalgia.co.uk/harbeth...5-plus-review/

Hifi Dave has to be the man to ask though!

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    This guy has a good comparison of the different models on his website including videos, albeit in the context of his system, i.e. which ones go best with his Yamaha amp and CD player.

https://audionostalgia.co.uk/harbeth...5-plus-review/

Hifi Dave has to be the man to ask though!
    Thanks for the link. Will have a read.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Phil.

I used the p3esr with a few amps and enjoyed it. Best one was an arcam
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Dave.

I sell various Harbeth speakers every week and they all share similar non fatiguing, natural sound. The bigger the better.

I'm Eamonn.

Harbeth will soon be announcing a new XD range, so look out for ex demo and used models on the market
    Mac
    Accuphase C2420 pre P4200 poweramp, Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Sonos Connect, Innuous ZENith MKIII, RME ADI2, Harbeth 40th anniversary SHL5 Plus

I'm Ian.

Oooh, my favourite topic !

I'm a long term owner of the P3ESR and find them to be perfect in my 12 x 12 foot room. I heard the 30.1 for a couple of hours or so recently and they are still haunting me. I preferred them. It was quite an experience, you just get more than you do with the P3s and of the same trademark sound. The reality however is that they would be too big in my living space, I'd have to upgrade my home and I my Hi Fi fund won't run to that (I do find applying a bit of logic along with a reality check to our hobby is useful) ! The shoebox Harbs will remain in place, I adore them.

I wouldn't worry too much about the difference between the 'regular' and Anniversaries. I did after changing but now they've been in my system for a while there's not a huge difference in reality. It would be wrong for me to comment on the XD, I haven't heard them, but there's only so much you can achieve with a speaker of this dimension, no matter how good it is in the first place. And they are top rate boxes.

On the plus, it's perhaps likely the XD model will see more regular Harbs appear on the used market. And I've rarely seen a used Harbeth in anything other than pristine condition, they do tend to be looked after.

Good luck and enjoy your search !
    Last edited by IHP; 18-02-2020 at 07:47.

+ Reply to Thread