All sorts im missing from the 80's.

This a prime example

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release...ency=GBP&ev=rb

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    All sorts im missing from the 80's.

This a prime example

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release...ency=GBP&ev=rb
    Didn't realise that was worth money, I have the LP with that track on, got a few of his lps, another 80s fave of mine is Soft Cell. If you hang around long on ebay you should find them on there a bit, or a lot, cheaper than discogs.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Andre.

Trouble with E-Bay is they are mostly not dedicated Record sellers so do not post out in correct mailers hence you basically gonna get a crumpled sleeve, effectivly throwing your money away if you are like me insist on M/NM Records & sleeves....

The Tubeway army 12" is an established asking price, who ever created these prices need a slap . Same with the Italy only 12" single release of Simple minds "New Golden Dream" nutty money.. Yeh you can get the LP's with the tracks on but they are not extended & secondly the sound quality sucks in comparison..

Soft Cell were great. They are ok prices. Some of these extended jobbies are now available on CD but the same magical sound is just lacking.

I'm Gary.

Discogs...ouch.
    Paid full bhuna for a sealed “limited numbered edition” of Daft Punks 2LP “Tron Legacy”... talking a couple of ton.

a Month before Disney decided to reissue it.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 19-02-2020 at 21:36.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Andre.

Just had to pay £15 + post for a Depeche Mode 12" im missing ffks utter joke.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Just had to pay £15 + post for a Depeche Mode 12" im missing ffks utter joke.
    Have a look on Gumtree there is often big collections of 12" singles up for sale on there. You may get lucky and find one near you or you may need to travel, there was a 1000+collection down my way not long ago. Just have to buy up on average £0.50 to £1 each so about £500 - 750 for a 1000, then you select the ones you want and sell the rest either to cover cost or make a profit for more. Its tricky to get right but not impossible, just can take time, never know you might end up with a small records shop.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Have a look on Gumtree there is often big collections of 12" singles up for sale on there. You may get lucky and find one near you or you may need to travel, there was a 1000+collection down my way not long ago. Just have to buy up on average £0.50 to £1 each so about £500 - 750 for a 1000, then you select the ones you want and sell the rest either to cover cost or make a profit for more. Its tricky to get right but not impossible, just can take time, never know you might end up with a small records shop.
    Or alternatively you end up with 1000 bits of junk that you can't get rid of just like the last bloke

I'm Craig.

Even the less expensive charity shops (think of Oxfam as Harrods re high pricing) are upping their prices.

There’s one nearby that have upped the price from 50p/£1
    To £2.49 minimum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Andre.

Must be a lucky streak, I was watching five 12" single i wanted, one went for over a tenner but the other no more than £2 each. Suppose that is a result, However i cant understand why im buying them as im not bothered about records anymore. I think its just the compulsive illness. But honestly i wont bother playing them..

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by icehockeyboy View Post
    Even the less expensive charity shops (think of Oxfam as Harrods re high pricing) are upping their prices.

There’s one nearby that have upped the price from 50p/£1
    To £2.49 minimum.
    Oxfam here always did charge stupid prices. If they had charged more sensible prices for their wares, I would have spent literally hundreds of pounds with them.

Ironically Oxfam have now started to reduce their prices, just as other charity shops have increased theirs.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast