+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unipivots

I'm Matt.

Default Unipivots

Has anyone here stuck a unipivot on their 1200/1210? Any pics or info would be good. I'm interested in either a Nima or possibly The Wand.

I'm mark.

I put Nima on mates 1210. It worked well enough. We're perhaps in a minority and prefered the Tabriz, very closely matched midrange, but bass is better, so Nima sold on and Tabriz is still there.

DSC_2072 by mark leatherland, on Flickr

I'm mark.

I prefer the look of the Tabriz too, the Zi weight doesn't fit.
    IMG_1055 by mark leatherland, on Flickr

I'm Simon.

Just to resurrect this thread. Has anyone tried a Naim Aro on the Technics ? Would love to know if it works ?

I'm phil.

I once used a hadcock
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by moodybuilder View Post
    I once used a hadcock
    And what did you think ?

I'm Patrick.

I've put a Hadcock 242 with a Decca SC4e on a Sony TTS8000 and I think it's terrific.

I'm phil.

It worked really well very musical, with other arms I found the technics a little clinical, but not at all with the hadcock, I sold it on here to a member who really liked it.
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by moodybuilder View Post
    It worked really well very musical, with other arms I found the technics a little clinical, but not at all with the hadcock, I sold it on here to a member who really liked it.
    Thanks for the feedback. So it may be worth making an armboard for the Aro and giving it a go on the Technics. Having said that i am still impressed with the performance you can get out of the stock rewired arm.

I'm Neil.

I have used a graham 2.2 on a Technics 1210 to great effect, it worked very well.
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread